Mikrotik RB760 and usability with BSNL FTTH VOIP ?

angrybird462

Reaction score
Hi,

Is it possible to remove the Huawei EchoLife HG850a ONU unit completely...... plugged in before the Mikrotik hEX S RB760iGS (Router 5xGbit LAN, 1xPOE, 1xSFP, 880Mhz CPU, USB)

All i would like to achieve is two things....

One - Ditch the bottleneck caused by Huawei LAN ports that are FE 100 ...using Huawei SFP GPON ONU i think that's a easy one

Two - if possible, clone MAC Address for the Huawei unit and use VOIP softphone app or 3rd-party SIP in LAN environment.

Before posting this i can see in another thread there's some challenges mentioned in other post by u/Dark_Nate But isn't it possible to configure on this Mikrotik device ?

Source

Question, can't these requirements met by above Mikrotik device ? i know i'm not the expert but wondering if someone can share some solution for BSNL FTTH provider provides their solution with Huawei devices mostly.

To clarify, more on the VOIP sharing below current Huawei device configs that kinda tells First this device creates a local WAN connection with provider "VOIP" network based on vlan/ip/tag settings...and then it takes same phone number as SIP ID/username/password/phone_number and what not. [see below pictures]

Va6cjXn.png

hRdWCrC.png

Any help i'll appreciate.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock