Discussion Guess Reliance Jio GigaFiber Tariff packages before launch officially happens

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 48
  • Views: Views 7,526

Will you change your broadband connection to Jio if it offers low-cost plans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
As Reliance Jio GigaFiber launch is imminent now, it would be interesting to play a guessing game and share various packages which Reliance is most likely to announce on 12th August.

As said in the media, AGM of Reliance Industries on 12th August, the tariff for the various services under GigaFiber will be announced. Everybody, including the competitors, is very curious about the same.

Please do not post your wish of packages. My wish, of course, is that the test phase with zero charges should continue forever. But I am also aware that if the company grants my wish, it will not last long enough to meet my wish of forever free services.

Jio's tariff package(s) will most likely be very aggressive like in the case of mobile data, with objectives to be met something like:
1) To become a significant entity in the highly competitive market in 3 years with some profits and market leadership in some segments of services and
2) To become the market leader in all segments with huge profits in 5 years.

Bearing the above or such other assumed objective in mind, you may place yourself in the seat of CEO of GigaFiber and make the announcement on the tariff of Jio Gigafiber.:D

So, let us go ahead and have some fun and also some insight into the area in which all of us will be interested.

☝He guessed it for me.

you may place yourself in the seat of CEO of GigaFiber and make the announcement on the tariff of Jio Gigafiber.:D

First thing i will announce as CEO is that the GigaFiber will not be launched in your state initially...:gn2:

BASIC PLAN: Rs.599 - 100Mbps upto 100GB and unlimited thereafter at 2Mbps - Jio Home TV Subscription - Access to Jio Apps - Free Landline Phone with Unlimited calls all over India

Last edited:
Base Pack I feel will be Rs 500 for 50 Mbps (Internet+TV+Phone) 500 GB data
You mean triple play for Rs 500. That looks way too much cheap. If they keep that pricing, soon they will face money crunch as just everyone start taking them.

You mean triple play for Rs 500. That looks way too much cheap. If they keep that pricing, soon they will face money crunch as just everyone start taking them.

They are known to give lucrative packs to get peoples attention at start by giving offers.

The upper limit i can guess is Rs 999 for 500 GB Data @100 Mbps (Internet+TV+Phone)

Router itself might cost ₹5000. Also that android box might also cost around ₹3000. Will one give up Tata Sky to buy an additional set top box worth ₹3000? I don't get the hype. Most middle class (half the population) ain't opting for Gigafiber.

Router itself might cost ₹5000.
5Ghz router is given at Rs 4500 already.
Also that android box might also cost around ₹3000
It will cost cheaper than what you are expecting and may be even added to your Router cost without extra charges.
Will one give up Tata Sky to buy an additional set top box worth ₹3000?
Why not? They will cover the cost connection from subscription charges within a couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock