Discussion Fiber and Electricity cables risk

gigedic

Reaction score
Is there any hazard risk if my fiber cable is touching a naked electricity wire running between two poles?
Especially when both the cables are going to be wet in rain?

Yes। Your browsing experience will be affected because of issue of interference Otherwise no issue.

There will be no effect for ofc cables even it touches 110kV wires..in our state and in other states all ofc cables r officially installed /fitted nearby Heigh voltage 110kV poles nearby those 3 wires..even the installer technician says no need to remove cable connection during lightning too..

There will be no effect for ofc cables even it touches 110kV wires..in our state and in other states all ofc cables r officially installed /fitted nearby Heigh voltage 110kV poles nearby those 3 wires..even the installer technician says no need to remove cable connection during lightning too..
will the ofc not conduct when it becomes wet during heavy rain?

Fiber is made out of glass which is a bad conductor of electricity
It's not about the fiber cable being bad conductor due to glass. In fact, on top of glass there is insulation too.
Question is will the cable when wet from outside due to rain, start conducting due to water?

No such incidents have been documented, so I think it’s immune in such scenarios
Possible reason for no incidents is that Fiber cables out of homes are connected to FAT Box which is mounted at heights much lower than electricity lines.
Contact between electricity lines and wet ofc is very rare. I'm asking in case such rare contact is established, will the wet ofc conduct and give shock to the house building or anyone who touches it?

will the ofc not conduct when it becomes wet during heavy rain?
No way...
Check the wires in town...all r in poles and even Boxes too hanging in there...rain waters always pour down...even in electricity wires and cable's...For ofc cables nothing happens...
Yes its having power induction for and in bsnl internet cables...it effects our electronic equipments in bsnl internet cables...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock