Discussion Do you enjoy traveling in train?

AC coaches at least 2nd tier is compulsory these days if travelling from train otherwise the experience will be not enjoyable at all due to too much crowd and poor hygiene.

As a child I was mad crazy about railways, the tracks, the locos and the coaches. I just used plug in my earphones and sit near window most of the time and enjoy the view outside even thou I’ve seen it hundreds of time before. I learnt all the name of the locos, their types, speed, colours and many other things. I used to enjoy the sound, the vibrations, all the feelings of travelling in train. The local vendors with all their foods and buying kid books at stations.
But nowadays as I’ve become more than a kid, I travel on the upper seats, mostly I choose night travels. My love for railways remains all the same but now I have responsibilities, I do enjoy it sometime.

Last edited:
AC coaches at least 2nd tier is compulsory these days if travelling from train otherwise the experience will be not enjoyable at all due to too much crowd and poor hygiene.
Are 3 teir ac coaches nowadays crowded during non festive season too??:unsure:

No. Trains are the worst to travel in. Even the newer Vande trains are being vandalized for no reason.

But along with air, the smell of toilet, gutka, cigarette, and multiple other disgusting things hits the face as well.
In South India for the just 12-16hr trains like the Allepey Chennai or the Chennai Mysore Mail or the Smvb Ernakulam the toilets are not smelly and hardly any gutka or cigarette so wonderful experience compared to the long distance train of Bokaro or Bilaspur, Gorakhpur etc

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock