Do you think Cord Cutting (surrendering DTH/Cable TV) is worth in India?

Do you think Cord Cutting (surrendering DTH/Cable TV) is worth in India?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harsha1996

Contributor
Reaction score
What do you think about completely ditching dth or cable services for online streaming in India?

What do you think about completely ditching dth or cable services for online streaming in India?
I have already ditched. I do not watch soaps, serials or reality shows, so live tv is not essential for me. For news and music there is You Tube. For movies and sports there are OTT platforms. That's it.

If you have affordable and reliable home broadband then DTH is not needed at all, OTT is more than enough. But it will be at least a decade for that to reach to all the interior areas of the country since the hinterlands lack fiber penetration and satellite internet is more expensive than wired.

Cant fully ditch DTH services as my mother watches her favourite serials and also she is not comfortable with OTT. She knew that she can see all serials episodes before TV but She is more comfortable with DTH. She only goes to youtube in Android TV to watch south movies dubbed in hindi. & if I talk about myself, I use Both OTT and DTH.

Linear channels can be viewed through Internet. We can cannot be accessed via DTH. I mean we cannot use Facebook via Internet.

Last edited:
Surrendered cable tv in 2020 and now happy with DD Free Dish...

Depends upon preferences of family members. Even though we have Android TV and all major ott subscriptions, my Mom wants to watch the numerous Local cable channels (for timely prayers, local news, local contents) and hence we are still paying for Local Cable guys (with set top box) around Rs200 every month.

Not possible for our family as many of them watch ETV Telugu, live feed of ETV is currently not available on any OTT platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock