Discussion Do you think online shopping is safe with the increasing number of Covid-19 cases all around India?

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 3,262

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

What do you guys think, it is safe or unsafe to order things online from Amazon, Flipkart etc. these days considering every other person is coming Covid positive.

Additionally, it is interesting if any of you are still ordering food from Zomato, Swiggy etc.

Let others know your opinions on online shopping through this discussion.

I've been ordering household items exclusively on Amazon since last May.. so far so good..

I've ordered on Zomato and swiggy as recently as last week. No problems yet for me in my place..

Hello,

What do you guys think, it is safe or unsafe to order things online from Amazon, Flipkart etc. these days considering every other person is coming Covid positive.

Additionally, it is interesting if any of you are still ordering food from Zomato, Swiggy etc.

Let others know your opinions on online shopping through this discussion.
Yes relatively safer.It has been over a year now that i have been ordering from BB for all my vegetable requirements,The quality of veggies is decent and most importantly they do not create a scene if you want to return something.Normally i ask the the delivery guy to keep the items on the table near to our apartment security which has been placed during the pandemic for keeping the items and take after sometime and may be after few hours.As for online food delivery,did order a lot from October to very recently.I don't know it is safe or not but the scientists say that there is very little chance of COVID tx. through surfaces.

Much safer compared to when you go to a shop as you are only exposing yourself to one person. I use a surface disinfectant spray for all parcels, Amazon delivery agents follow COVID protocols like masks, maintaining distance. For medicines using 1mg, they are now charging around Rs 25 extra per order to ensure safety in their warehouses and delivery, apart from maks, gloves, their agents spray sanitiser themselves over the packet before handing over.

4dwoylU.jpg

It is better for few delivery men to go around delivering things rather than everyone to go out and buy stuff. Basically the number of people roaming would just be these men instead of everyone. I have been ordering online since lockdown ended.

Much safer. They not only wear mask properly but usually uses hand sanitizer. Meanwhile small time offline retailers are not only to known to not wear mask. Will make fun of you for doing so by making statements like Corona Worona is gone.

Have been ordering groceries and veggies online (BB, Amazon, Ansio etc.,) for past 1 year and quality is decent and is much safer than going outside to buy them. But have been hesitant to order food from Zomato/Swiggy.

Online order from Amazon & flipkart are absolutely safe.
But avoid ordering food.

online order from Amazon is safe if one feels doubt they spray on pack cover let it dry in open air and open in later.

Had ordered from food delivery apps for few times - they were safe and even had option of contactless delivery. sometimes couldn't use as packaging of some of restaurants were not that good even after they charged more still managed somewhat contactless type delivery - only thing should be kept in mind while ordering food is the timing when we order and reviews of the restaurant need to check other site as well found 1 or 2 times though the food delivery app had better rating the other site told otherwise. ended up paying more online still ended up getting unproperly cooked breakfast dish. even though it showed 4 star ratings.

one more thing we kept in mind only ordered from nearby restaurants whom we know and are not inside or near containment zone or having cases. need to decide the food dish which are need to be cooked or made regularly so they would cook it. though admit after few ordered realized some restaurants some dishes seem to be pre made due to covid restrictions as they made it quickly or packed..
some of the box type meal should not be ordered , not all are bad but some are definitely not that good they are okish.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock