Discussion Disney+ Hotstar App & Website - News & Updates

When will the LG TV's inbuilt Hotstar+Disney app updated to 4K/UHD with 5.1 sound. Any info, pl share.
Download the latest version of Android TV in ur mobile and side load to ur TV...Either the inbuilt app will update or another app will be installed...

There few versions avail in different sites..1stly check for the version in TV...I think it maybe updated...It's just assumption ...
I think u are not getting the point, u can't install iOS apps on Android and vice versa rite, same with TV OS as well. BTW LG and Samsung apps of Hotstar haven't started supporting 5.1 or 4K HDR yet! So there won't be any versions available on Web as well.

Last edited:
I think u are not getting the point, u can't install iOS apps on Android and vice versa rite, same with TV OS as well. BTW LG and Samsung apps of Hotstar haven't started supporting 5.1 or 4K HDR yet! So there won't be any versions available on Web as well.
Fine....it's new info for me...
Now got it...

Even for Sony 4K tv

They must improve as now no1 is watching ipl for free on hotstar
You are right about that but millions of people are watching at the same time. Moving to 60fps and with higher bitrate is going to increase the bandwith by a huge margin.

First time watching ipl on hotstar app on Android tv and i must say its bad. Frames are not smooth...fast pace images have jitters. They should increase fps atleast to 30

You are right about that but millions of people are watching at the same time. Moving to 60fps and with higher bitrate is going to increase the bandwith by a huge margin.
It shouldn't be hard to implement variable fps and bit rate according to the Internet connection speed. They just took the subscribers for granted.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock