Censorship could arrive soon on online streaming services

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 76
  • Views: Views 14,013
How dumb are you? Streaming apps and Tv channels are entirely different in India. In foreign countries, there are p**n channels run by p**n production houses. You can set parental control over your cable tv or MSo in these countries. But in India, Tv channels have this censorship long back. While, in streaming services, they clearly mention the rating of the show in the synopsis itself. So you can decide whether watch it or not. And its not creative work. Violence and s#x are happening in this world. People should be aware of the dark side of the world. you can't tell the story of underworld without mentioning the drug dealing and the other malpractices which includes in it. Also, its 21st century, for god's sake be progressive with your thoughts. No one will go and kill just randomly after seeing Sacred Games. If people can write novels about s#x and Violence, Why can't they visualise it?
By network TV I meant regular terrestrial channels like NBC, Fox, NBC. These are regulated. Satellite channels like showtime can show n*d*ty and even channels like playboy are only in satellite. I did not say anything about violence. I am talking about lack of creativity.

By network TV I meant regular terrestrial channels like NBC, Fox, NBC. These are regulated. Satellite channels like showtime can show n*d*ty and even channels like playboy are only in satellite. I did not say anything about violence. I am talking about lack of creativity.
From your earlier post I would assume you meant shows like GOT and True Detective are made for s#x scenes. Forget about that how come terrestrial channels like Lifetime and USA network have n*d*ty?

From your earlier post I would assume you meant shows like GOT and True Detective are made for s#x scenes. Forget about that how come terrestrial channels like Lifetime and USA network have n*d*ty?
Those are not terrestrial channels. Full list here: List of United States terrestrial television networks - Wikipedia
Most Americans get terrestrial channels free and satellite and cable is more expensive and adult channels are very expensive. But main family networks are regulated. Satellite channels like Showtime which existed before Netflix and Amazon had very high popularity through n*de content and now these digital streaming sites are tapping into the same audience. GoT is HBO and its also a satellite/cable channel.

Those are not terrestrial channels. Full list here: List of United States terrestrial television networks - Wikipedia
Most Americans get terrestrial channels free and satellite and cable is more expensive and adult channels are very expensive. But main family networks are regulated. Satellite channels like Showtime which existed before Netflix and Amazon had very high popularity through n*de content and now these digital streaming sites are tapping into the same audience. GoT is HBO and its also a satellite/cable channel.
I am talking about Lifetime and USA Network.

Sorry, I meant basic cable channels.
I was describing the market forces that makes Netflix and Prime want to capture the pay tv market using adult content. For cord cutters there is a need for adult content in digital platform. So in the US there is a clear understanding that pay tv is unregulated because its not force fed (voluntary subscription), but in India even cable is regulated. So all I am saying is that adult content should be marked differently from family content. I am not supporting any censorship.

Last edited:
60% of original shows on Netflix and Prime are purely created for s#x scenes without any meaning or art. This is popular because network TV in US will not allow adult content. So satellite channels in US like Starz and Showtime are usually the only ones who run these kind of show. Since digital streaming service are not regulated in the US they also started showing these type of shows. However s#x sells is a fact. They should actually target s#x comedies to adult film lovers. There are good s#x comedies with n*d*ty like '18 year old virgin' that actually can be enjoyed purely as an adult comedy. I am fully against the use of s#x scenes as a substitute for creative skills. Amazon and Netflix should add a restricted category for those interested in these contents. But making useless shows like 'Mirzapur' and 'Sacred Games' only manages to convert the entire industry into an anti-family service. In fact US conservative are trying to stop Netflix from showing underage n*d*ty in a series called 'Girls'. Apart from n*d*ty the show '13 Reasons Why' has also been linked to teen suicides.
13 Reasons Why is a show that gives awareness not to commit suicide for high school kids and youth. You understood it totally wrong.
And you are judging the book by it's cover (Sacred Games).
I have watched most of Netflix original series that is only based on story not on those scenes.
Ex: Atypical, Stranger Things, Black Mirror, Ghoul, Riverdale, The Good Place, The Tick, Young Sheldon, Netflix Marvel series, DC series.
So don't come to conclusion.
Remember you have the choice what to watch, what you like!!

Last edited:
13 Reasons Why is a show that gives awareness not to commit suicide for high school kids and youth. You understood it totally wrong.
Netflix's "13 Reasons Why" linked to raised suicide risk in study
There are many cases of suicides in which families blamed the show. Also 51% of teens who were suicidal mentioned that show as a cause. What I am saying is anyone can call BS ideas as creativity but no one actual cares about what really creativity means. Yes the show may have been aimed with good motives but ultimately inspired more suicides.

Last edited:
Netflix's "13 Reasons Why" linked to raised suicide risk in study
There are many cases of suicides in which families blamed the show. Also 51% of teens who were suicidal mentioned that show as a cause. What I am saying is anyone can call BS ideas as creativity but no one actual cares about what really creativity means. Yes the show may have been aimed with good motives but ultimately inspired more suicides.
All said and done, ultimately it should be left to the viewer what to watch and not.

Netflix didn't become the behemoth without any creativity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock