Breaking Government Pushes for More Self-Censorship on Streaming

Our ancestors invented clothes for comfort and protection.
Exactly! Clothes were invented mainly fod protection from harmful dirts & cold weather.
BUT, nowadays we wear clothes mainly for physical shame feeling, that's why in hottest hot weather we're forced to wear clothes just for physical shaming..
now we don't even care about shame that should be mentally (about behave & thinking), not physical shame.
How would you consider having coitus with doors unlocked?
I've read some Nudist’s Quora, and many said that they feels very comfortable roaming around naked, they don't even feel or think about s*x while they stay n*de in home 'cause they totally forgets that they haven't wearing any clothes, it feels normal.

Last edited:
I've read some Nudist’s Quora, and many said that they feels very comfortable roaming around naked, they don't even feel or think about s*x while they stay n*de in home 'cause they totally forgets that they haven't wearing any clothes, it feels normal.
What's acceptable by a smaller amount of people isn't considered normal in civilized society. It's considered taboo.

Ok before i contribute, just wanted to ask... what is this argument going to prove and what benefit will either of the 2 groups gain when and if one proves their point over the other? I would not want to rant needlessly on a forum that would contribute less than little on the final outcome of the IB deadline.

All that needs to be censored are scenes that promote anti-national sentiment or encourage acts of terrorism or separatist ideology in areas of political unrest. On the sexual front only scenes related to child sexual abuse need to be censored.
Nothing else deserves censorship when private streaming on OTT platforms is concerned, be it bold language (abusive words), portrayal of adult back n*d*ty (not frontal), depiction of any political sensitive topic (so long as it doesn't use real party names and has a disclaimer stating that it has no relation with any person living or dead).
Viewers can exercise their discretion when it comes to choosing what content they wish to stream and what they find offensive. OTT platforms clearly mention the age rating for you to make an informed choice. But this moral policing in the name of Indian culture and tradition needs to be given a rest. Let the media houses have the freedom of expression to depict bold content, if it makes you uncomfortable just don't stream it.

Yes, one should have freedom to make choice but first please build a system where crimes r nabbed or avoided which r at many instances these r outcome of what one consumes and absorbs elements in behaviour. Very easy to say that no one is forcing someone to watch a thing but everyone does not act watch these shows for entertainment, there r people adversely impacted leading to tragedies hence as a society we cannot just leave all to one's conscience.

Lastly please stop criticising tradition, culture, morals as these r very essential and when we talk about censoring it is not thru moral prism but to take into account sensibilities of all and maintain balance, decorum in society.

Did anyone imagined if this censorship gets implemented, how far the strategy will take off to! Maybe it will start with small but in the end, the OTT platform and TV will in the end become the same only. I have created a change.org petition, if more people gets involved, it may make the govt to not implement the decision I guess.
Sign the Petition

Care to post that link honcho?

Edit: sry. Got it, signed it, retweeted.

P.s. if you want your opinion to be heard more, understood better and reach out to a wider audience, advertise more and use better wording. Not that anything is wrong with it, just use a tad more finesse. 20 odd signatures will get you nowhere. Contact a pro-democracy, pro-liberal news channel if necessary. Just my inputs. Cheers.

Last edited:
Both are same. Both project human bodies as *** objects. Those item songs in bollywood also falls in same category.

The first scene of Kabir Singh. Kabir Singh tried to rape a girl at knife point. You don't find that wrong? What repercussion did he face for that even in the movie?

And coming to 90s movie. Somethings are seriously wrong with that. If a girl says no. The actor keeps on stalking her in the songs until she falls for it. Stalking here is potrait as innocence, playfullness and romantic. I am glad we moved past that age.

Well Kabir Singh is a character and there r such people in society, it is just giving u glimpse in his mannerisms. As far as i have heard that film depicted that even if he was masculine, arrogant, rude but he loved right from heart and needed a caring girl to tame the negative elements and bring out good in him.

About 90s film innocence, playfulness, notoriousness r part of youth and what u r seeing as stalking there is really mischief or light intention kidding. All those college romance dramas had the boy or girl trying to convince the other to fall in love and such is reality that to persuade someone u need to win heart. There is a diff between stalking n trying someone to like u, former is when one is stubborn and despite no from other keeps on pushing but latter is the part where attempts r made to forge a bond and either r unsure or shy

Those Hindu guys here who have problems with n*d*ty, are not well aware that Hindu culture has always celebrated physical beauty, especially the sensuality of the female s#x.

They should refrain from visiting a temple from pre- Islamic age, they might get offended by the carvings of the shapely "apsaras" and the dieties.

There is place n time for everything including s#x, having celebrated or given importance to a topic does not mean that it can be overplayed. Kama Sutra is guide to sexual activities but it does not mean that public n*d*ty is considered normal. Information is useful if applied in right context. Regarding depicting s#x or n*d*ty in cinema it should be allowed only when very necessary, in most instances one can portray stuff by skipping these elements. Unfortunately at present in name of reality these r being played with without boundaries

Those Hindu guys here who have problems with n*d*ty, are not well aware that Hindu culture has always celebrated physical beauty, especially the sensuality of the female s#x.

They should refrain from visiting a temple from pre- Islamic age, they might get offended by the carvings of the shapely "apsaras" and the dieties.

There is place n time for everything including s#x, having celebrated or given importance to a topic does not mean that it can be overplayed. Kama Sutra is guide to sexual activities but it does not mean that public n*d*ty is considered normal. Information is useful if applied in right context. Regarding depicting s#x or n*d*ty in cinema it should be allowed only when very necessary, in most instances one can portray stuff by skipping these elements. Unfortunately at present in name of reality these r being played with without
Random s#x scenes may or may not be important but in order to follow a narrative few s#x scenes are required. Also abuses are part of modern youth culture. Every line we speak can't be completed with one or more abuses. So ott platforms are just mirroring society

So gr8 u r admitting that abuses has normalised thanks to all the shows n cinema, this is worrying and needs change. By the way i speak all day without single abuse so for me it is not normal . If OTT can mirror society then let them be crusade bearers for positive change too rather than taking refuge in overtly relying on unpleasing stuff to titillate audience and telling it is realistic storytelling

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock