Censorship could arrive soon on online streaming services

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 76
  • Views: Views 14,073
How dumb are you? Streaming apps and Tv channels are entirely different in India. In foreign countries, there are p**n channels run by p**n production houses. You can set parental control over your cable tv or MSo in these countries. But in India, Tv channels have this censorship long back. While, in streaming services, they clearly mention the rating of the show in the synopsis itself. So you can decide whether watch it or not. And its not creative work. Violence and s#x are happening in this world. People should be aware of the dark side of the world. you can't tell the story of underworld without mentioning the drug dealing and the other malpractices which includes in it. Also, its 21st century, for god's sake be progressive with your thoughts. No one will go and kill just randomly after seeing Sacred Games. If people can write novels about s#x and Violence, Why can't they visualise it?

True , GOT is originally get telecast in TV first then in Hotstar.

All said and done, ultimately it should be left to the viewer what to watch and not.
Yup. Just that they need to make the classification proper and allow viewer feedback. The shows on Indian cable are highly censored compared to US and those in India who subscribe for these shows must be made aware when they are shown adult content. Ultimately we need customer control and classification is about helping us choose.

Netflix's "13 Reasons Why" linked to raised suicide risk in study
There are many cases of suicides in which families blamed the show. Also 51% of teens who were suicidal mentioned that show as an inspiration. What I am saying is anyone can call BS ideas as creativity but no one actual cares about what really creativity means. Yes the show may have been aimed with good motives but ultimately inspired more suicides.
My question is have you watched the show?
In every TV or movies (Indian/ International), there are violent scenes of killing, torture and other stuff, but that doesn't mean viewer should do that.
You(viewer) have the basic understanding capacity to think and act.

Yup. Just that they need to make the classification proper and allow viewer feedback. The shows on Indian cable are highly censored compared to US and those in India who subscribe for these shows must be made aware when they are shown adult content. Ultimately we need customer control and classification is about helping us choose.
The shows are already being rated by Netflix and Amazon.
Example:
Game of thrones
18+ , Violence, n*d*ty.

Atypical
16+, Comedy, Drama.

Stranger Things
18+, SciFi, Horror.

Go and check it once 🙂

My question is have you watched the show?
In every TV or movies (Indian/ International), there are violent scenes of killing, torture and other stuff, but that doesn't mean viewer should do that.
You(viewer) have the basic understanding capacity to think and act.
This is not about violence but psychological glorifying suicide. It's a big debate already and Netflix was forced to show the warning. Unfortunately they took to long and many lost their lives. Also the existing rating system is not accurate.

This is not about violence but psychological glorifying suicide. It's a big debate already and Netflix was forced to show the warning. Unfortunately they took to long and many lost their lives. Also the existing rating system is not accurate.
At first if the show encouraged suicide. Shouldn't the book would have done the same? You want to the censor the book as well. I agree the show is disturbing. In Netflix's defence they warned the users before the beginning of the first episode of season 1.

Last edited:
It's sad that people have lost their lives by watching and get intimidated by a show.
☹️

At first if the show encouraged suicide. Shouldn't the book would have done the same? You want to the censor book as well. I agree the show is disturbing. In Netflix's defence they warned the users before the beginning of the first episode of season 1.
Yes, Totally agreed 👍

At first if the show encouraged suicide. Shouldn't the book would have done the same? You want to the censor book as well. I agree the show is disturbing. In Netflix's defence they warned the users before the beginning of the first episode of season 1.
Don't know but the psychological impact was verified by top researchers.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock