Buying new Air Conditioner, Suggestion needed

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 41
  • Views: Views 5,455
I noticed there is no energy star rating thing on Inverter ACs but it is expected to come in 2018 with star ratings. Is it true?

Bapun Raz said:
I noticed there is no energy star rating thing on Inverter ACs but it is expected to come in 2018 with star ratings. Is it true?

No Samsung is giving energy star.

Even bluestar is also giving star for inverter model.

Last edited by a moderator:
ilikered said:
This is not true. Inverter ac saves power from day 1, either you use it continuously or not. This is because it uses variable power, not fixed power. However, what you said is true when comparing non inverter 3 star and 5 star.

Bro, I am justifying the cost. Yes, inverter saves power from day 1, but it costs 1.5x to 2x of the normal split BEE 5 Star.
So, if you are using AC for less time. Say less than 6 hrs/day for 4 months in a year, still, you would be spending less on BEE 5 star than inverter even after 5 years of usage (including power charges).

I have done the analysis. Hope I was able to explain my point.

Hi,

I am going to use almost every day and night - so inverter is what suits my needs.. Mostly off during rainy and winters season, it is going to be used through out the whole summer...

Bapun Raz said:

Many companies are giving star ratings for inverter too, but don't rely much on it.
I would say just check EER as I have said before, it tells you about the efficiency (on which star rating is also based.)
Normal 5 Star non-inverter split ACs have generally EER of 3.51 or a bit more.
But, in Inverter ACs it can go as high as up to 5.8 (Some 1T Daikin model)!!! Generally, it will go down with tonnage.
(That's why I said the O general is very inefficient as it had just 3.5)

Prathamesh said:
Bro, I am justifying the cost. Yes, inverter saves power from day 1, but it costs 1.5x to 2x of the normal split BEE 5 Star.
So, if you are using AC for less time. Say less than 6 hrs/day for 4 months in a year, still, you would be spending less on BEE 5 star than inverter even after 5 years of usage (including power charges).

I have done the analysis. Hope I was able to explain my point.

Got it bro. Yeah, that makes sense.

Check out inverter models of Hitachi too.
Performance wise its good but am not sure about the warranty.
In terms of warranty, LG is giving 5 yrs complete warranty on dual/smart inverter models and 10 years for compressor. They are not pricey as well. 1.5 Ton dual inverter ac is available for as low as 41k. This cost is after bargain from 44k, at lg showroom last week.
Personally, i am using carrier and godrej ac. I will never suggest godrej to anyone.

Hitachi looks good but one user in our forum already said its very noisy which scared me to go with it.

I have time till i sell my Voltas AC. Searching for a buyer currently. Once sold, i can get new AC.

Bapun Raz said:
Hitachi looks good but one user in our forum already said its very noisy which scared me to go with it.

I have time till i sell my Voltas AC. Searching for a buyer currently. Once sold, i can get new AC.

Yep bro Voltas his noisy one of my friend having Voltas ac little bit noisy but not more ..

My suggestion is blue star no issues I have heard in my friends and neighbour circle :) ..

Personally I'm using Videocon 1 ton ac from last 5 years fault free till now not suggesting you bro just telling my personal experience ;) ..

Don't go for Samsung bro its aluminum tube instead of copper tube fungi problem will arise ..

Choose the best one my best wishes always with you bro :) ..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock