• Replies: Replies 41
  • Views: Views 5,428

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So this summer i am planning to replace one of my old AC (Voltas Vertis Plus) with new one. Its 10+ years old and cooling is not so great anymore.

Requirements:

Inverter and 5 star rating model for power savings

O'General is preferred brand for me since i bought last year one of their model and its cooling is unbeatable by AC. As per me they are leaders when it comes to Air Conditioners..

Short listed model:

ASGA18JCC - 1.5 Ton

Above model is a Inverter Wall Mounted Split Air Conditioner..

Any other models suggestion guys?

Thanks!

O General is quite inefficient in power usage from the link you gave. I would not suggest that one.
If you purchase a Voltas one, buy from Tata Cliq (if the price is ok, many times, it is wrong) they will give you 5 years warranty & free installation.

Do you use AC continuously? I think going for an inverter AC is not worth unless you need to run the AC for more than 12hrs/day for more than 8 months. You will have to spend almost 1.5x to 2x the price of a non-inverter 5 star AC.

Whenever you look for an AC:
1) go to the all manufacturer's websites, find catalogue, find the products having capacity & star rating you want
2) then check for cooling capacity, W (higher the better)
3) EER/Energy efficiency ratio (higher the better, higher=more energy savings)
4) noise levels, dB (lower the better)
5) condenser type (Al/Cu - If you live in humid areas, go for Cu if budget permits)
5) Other features you require, looks, product size & weight, etc. If you care for the environment, avoid R22.
6) price & brand comparison from the shortlisted

This way you can select the best AC for you. Do look for all trust-worthy brands.
(It took a lot of time to type this!!! :s )

Thanks Niranjan & Prathamesh bros.

I have decided to go for either Bluestar/Daikin (don't like its remote control unit)/O'General.

Samsung ACs are not used by any of my relatives, so don't want to take risk. Also i don't think Samsung is famous for ACs.

I got trust on the O'General brand since the model i bought last time is working quite good and after sales service also great here. So if power consumption is good of any O'General model with 1.5 Ton, 5 Star then i can go for that safely. :)

By the way, i did went through most of the ACs websites today. Many new models came out from last time i checked (last year).

Bapun Raz said:
Thanks Niranjan & Prathamesh bros.

I have decided to go for either Bluestar/Daikin (don't like its remote control unit)/O'General.

Samsung ACs are not used by any of my relatives, so don't want to take risk. Also i don't think Samsung is famous for ACs.

I got trust on the O'General brand since the model i bought last time is working quite good and after sales service also great here. So if power consumption is good of any O'General model with 1.5 Ton, 5 Star then i can go for that safely. :)

By the way, i did went through most of the ACs websites today. Many new models came out from last time i checked (last year).

Ok bro..

Last edited by a moderator:
Check this link it's very useful.

https://www.bijlibachao.com/air-conditioners/what-is-inverter-technology-air-conditioner-and-how-it-is-different-from-bee-5-star.html

My Neighbour Recently Brought Mitshubishi, My Brother Brought Hitachi & I Had Used Samsung

But

Mitshubishi Cost 42,000
But It Has No Display For To Show Temprature.

Hitachi's In Door Unit Are Very Thick(Not Slim Like Panasonic's),
And Outdoor Units Also Noisy

My Samsung AC Has No Copper Coil, It Has Aluminium Coil With Al. Condenser,
It Has Gas Licking Problem, (Got 2 Time Lick In 5 Year)

So Go For 100% Copper Coil AC.
I Think LG Also Not Making 100% Copper Coil AC.

You May Go For
Voltas &
Panasonic(But Not More Choice In Models/Less Models).

No Idea About Loyd, Daikin,Blue Star.

Whirpool Is Also Good Brand But No Idea For It.

Also,
If You Want Fast Cooling
Buy That AC Which Has Fastest Fan Speed For Indoor Unit, It Will Give You Fast Cooling.

Videocon & Onida Are Not Durable.

Prathamesh said:
Do you use AC continuously? I think going for an inverter AC is not worth unless you need to run the AC for more than 12hrs/day for more than 8 months. You will have to spend almost 1.5x to 2x the price of a non-inverter 5 star AC.

This is not true. Inverter ac saves power from day 1, either you use it continuously or not. This is because it uses variable power, not fixed power. However, what you said is true when comparing non inverter 3 star and 5 star.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock