OTF Exclusive Airtel fiber (ftth) in chennai

Airtel already installed fiber optical cable in my area 4 months ago. Airtel and ACT are competing each other in my area

We need to Understand that Airtel dont have Fiber Optic Internet. Airtel just uses Vectorisation Technology in same old Copper lines.
Now with vectoring, what it does is to eliminate all the sound , all the interference in lines, the decade old or so legacy copper lines. The tech was developed by many such as alcatel lucent (now purchased by nokia), nokia themselves and ericsson. Alcatel lucent was the first to roll it out commercially in western markets.
With vectoring, the main benefit is that LAST MILE INFRA, which is copper need not to be changed , and saves money for an operator.
For example:
Airtel has covered street A with one main feeder FIBER, and from junction box, it is the same old copper wire that takes connection to your home. Here, the vectoring will enable to deliver “fiber like speeds” with same old infra.

The catch here is that, from that junction box , where the main feeder copper/ fiber wire is , the distance should be 150–200 meters max, else the speeds would go down, and even this revolutionary tech can only provide some 50–60 mbps, if you are at a distance of 700–800 meters from main feeder fiber/ copper line.
It may appear rosy , the vectoring tech, but their is simply no alternative to fiber rollout when you have a competitor such as JIO, with mammoth OFC roll out.

With Vectorisation Airtel at Max can Provide speed upto 100mbps not more then that. But with Full Fledged Fibre ISP like Jio,Spectranet,cherrynet etc they can provide speed upto 1Gbps.

Airtel fiber now available area
Anna nagar
T-nagar
Valsaravakkam
Chrompet
Ayyapakkam
Thila agaram
Vadapalani
Choolai medu
Ashok nagar

Last edited:
First airtel hv 8 mbs for maximum. Act come airtel customer join act due to high speeds. That time airtel come with v- fiber technology to give 40 to 60 mbs to keep customer. Now airtel upgrading lines to fiber technology to keep customer donot movie upcoming jio.

Friends, I m using airtel full FIBERNET FTTH & the speeds r amazing. I’m in 100 MBPS plan n I get 108-110 regularly!not all areas r vfiber. Airtel also has true Fibernet like my area.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock