Telecom service provider Reliance Jio has launched its True 5G services in 34 additional cities in India. With this launch, Jio True 5G services are now available across 365 cities in the country. The company says it is working towards India’s digital transformation by becoming the first telecom operator to extend True 5G services to most of these cities.
Here is the list of 34 cities where Reliance Jio True 5G services are now available:
- Andhra Pradesh – Amalapuram, Dharmavaram, Kavali, Tanuku, Tuni, Vinukonda
- Haryana – Bhiwani, Jind, Kaithal, Rewari
- Himachal Pradesh – Dharamshala, Kangra
- Jammu & Kashmir – Baramulla, Kathua, Katra, Sopore
- Karnataka – Haveri, Karwar, Ranebennur
- Kerala – Attingal
- Meghalaya – Tura
- Odisha – Bhawanipatna, Jatani, Khordha, Sundargarh
- Tamil Nadu – Ambur, Chidambaram, Namakkal, Pudukkottai, Ramanathapuram, Sivakasi, Tiruchengode, Viluppuram
- Telangana – Suryapet
“We are proud to rollout Jio True 5G in these 34 cities. This is a tribute to millions of Jio users in these cities who will start enjoying the benefits of Jio True 5G technology. Jio engineers are working round the clock to deliver True-5G to every Indian, so that the transformational power and the exponential benefits of this technology can be experienced by every citizen of the country,” said a Jio spokesperson.
“By December 2023, Jio True 5G will reach every town in the country. This is testimony to Jio’s commitment towards transforming India into a Digital Society. We continue to remain grateful to the State Governments and Administrators for their support to digitize their regions,” the spokesperson added.
Starting March 15, 2023, Reliance Jio customers with 5G smartphones in these cities will be invited to the Jio Welcome Offer to experience unlimited 5G mobile internet at up to 1 Gbps speeds at no extra cost.