Discussion Which Online Video Streaming Apps do you use?

• Thread starter karan
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 63
  • Views: Views 5,495

Which apps do you use to watch online shows and movies?

• Total voters
Take Netflix 199 plan yesterday. Not having plan to renew once expires though.

n4YxvGa.jpg

For Hindi & English
●Amazon prime video

For Hindi (All for Free)
●Hotstar
●SonyLiv (only for Tenali Rama)
●Voot

I feel its not HD but not much pixelated or blurry as well.
I don't get why would they limit mobile streaming to SD. When only few mobiles supports Widevine L1 on the first place. SD only plans will not help them tackle piracy. People prefers Netflix over TV for quality if you limit to SD only subscription. No one's buying after this month. Let's be real most people in India only loves their one original series.

Also I feel that Netflix is seeking telecom partner with this plan. Worked with Amazon Prime. Can't see why it shouldn't work with Netflix. If Airtel offers Netflix Mobile Plan and 2.5 GB data a day combo for under ₹400 that will be a game changer.

@Dipjyoti Roy bro, believe me its not the same picture quality of their high cost plans. I can clearly feel its upscaled SD quality. Netflix is Apple of OTT apps. Unless you pay hefty bucks you can't really enjoy!:(

@Dipjyoti Roy bro, believe me its not the same picture quality of their high cost plans. I can clearly feel its upscaled SD quality. Netflix is Apple of OTT apps. Unless you pay hefty bucks you can't really enjoy!:(
That's why I enjoyed everything they had good to offer in a month and moved on to Amazon Prime. Other than originals series they have nothing good to offer. Even their original movies are terrible. Most syndicate content from American studios were free on MTV Asia and Hotstar. Other than originals they have nothing good to offer.

TV channels are also hilariously destroying them with constant re-runs of Friends, Breaking Bad and Brooklyn 99. They got three latest international shows currently You (didn't air on TV), Riverdale (off air) and Suits. Riverdale and Suits airs almost same time as Netflix on Colors Infinity. And all the hindi movies they have like Stree, Sanju and Andhadhun are always on air. Meanwhile Sony doesn't air YRF movies. Zee also gives limit air time to latest movies. So Amazon Prime easily wins there. Also shows they have like The Office, Seinfeld and Mad Men aren't on TV since ages. India is the only market in the world where people buy Amazon Prime for streaming instead of shopping.

I don't get why would they limit mobile streaming to SD. When only few mobiles supports Widevine L1 on the first place. SD only plans will not help them tackle piracy. People prefers Netflix over TV for quality if you limit to SD only subscription. No one's buying after this month. Let's be real most people in India only loves their one original series.

Also I feel that Netflix is seeking telecom partner with this plan. Worked with Amazon Prime. Can't see why it shouldn't work with Netflix. If Airtel offers Netflix Mobile Plan and 2.5 GB data a day combo for under ₹400 that will be a game changer.
Netflix is famous for their originals and their income purely depends on the subscribers, they anyhow needs to increase the subscribers base, they did try to make their service costly and lost many of subscribers recently, since india has more users compared to other countries who uses internet on mobile (thanks to jio and other service providers who made it happen) they have targetted for mobile users to increase the revenue. So i think they are doing pilot testing currently by introducing the mobile/tablet SD plan.

Note - Personally to me the quality of AQ and PQ of netflix for HD and UltraHD cannot be compared with other online apps.

Netflix is famous for their originals and their income purely depends on the subscribers, they anyhow needs to increase the subscribers base, they did try to make their service costly and lost many of subscribers recently, since india has more users compared to other countries who uses internet on mobile (thanks to jio and other service providers who made it happen) they have targetted for mobile users to increase the revenue. So i think they are doing pilot testing currently by introducing the mobile/tablet SD plan.

Note - Personally to me the quality of AQ and PQ of netflix for HD and UltraHD cannot be compared with other online apps.
Testing was done with Rs. 250 plan. This 199 plan is officially Launched for everyone in India.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock