Discussion v2.0 [Poll] Music streaming Services in India. Which one you use?

Which music streaming service you use?

• Google Play Music

• Apple Music

• Amazon Prime Music

• Spotify

• Gaana

• JioSaavn

• Wynk Music

• Hungama Music

• Sound Cloud

• YouTube Music

• I don't use any of these

• Other (If any, Please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.

sumitroy

Editor-in-chief, OnlyTech
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Guys, I’ve created a new thread on music streaming services in India.
Please participate in poll and write your reply why you like or use those services :)

Old thread (Discussion - [Poll] Music streaming Services in India. Which one you use?) became outdated because Jio-Saavn merged and Spotify launched in India. I’ve taken reference from old thread and updated/added new information. This thread contains links to download apps or subscribe to respective services.

Note: I've added information based on my usage and from internet. If you find any incorrect information, feel free to reply. I'll correct it.
I haven't added any special offer as they are either limited period offer or account specific offer.

Google Play Music
Offers: 14-day or 3-month free trial.
Price: Rs 99 per month.
Payment method: Debit or credit card, Paytm (Purchasing google play recharge code), Google play Gift card, Net banking.
Platform: Android, iOS & web
Free user: Free playlist play with limited skips
Music Purchase: Yes, via Play store
DDF link for discussion: Google Play Music Subscription

Apple Music
Offers: 3-month free trial
Price: Rs. 120 per month or Rs. 60 for students
Payment method: Debit or credit card, iTunes gift card.
Platform: Android, iOS, mac & windows 10 (via iTunes)
Music Purchase: Yes, via iTunes
DDF link for discussion: Apple Music Updates

Amazon Prime Music
Available with Amazon prime subscription
Platform: Android, iOS, web, mac & windows 10
DDF link for discussion: Amazon Prime Music has launched in India

Spotify
Price:
Subscription: Rs. 119 per month. Payment method: Debit or credit card
Prepaid: Rs. 13 (1 Day), Rs. 39 (1 week), Rs. 129 (1 month), Rs. 389 (3 months), Rs. 719 (6 months), Rs. 1189 (1 year) Payment method: Debit or credit card, Paytm
Student's offer: Qualifying Students are entitled to receive a discount of fifty percent on the monthly subscription.
Subscribe: Music for everyone.
Platform: Android, iOS, web, windows 10, Linux
Free user: All features with ads except download and HD audio
DDF link for discussion: Spotify Updates

Gaana
Offers: 14 days free trial
Price: Rs. 99 per month, Rs. 199 (3-months), Rs. 249 (6-months), Rs. 499 (1 year + Sony Liv)
Payment methods: Debit or credit card, Paytm
Subscribe: Gaana+: Download Songs & Listen Anywhere - Gaana.com
Platform: Android, iOS, web, windows 10
DDF link for discussion: Gaana App News & Update

JioSaavn
Offers: 7-day free trial (90-day free trial for Jio users)
Price: Rs. 99 per month
Payment methods: Debit or credit card, Paytm
Subscribe: Love Unlimited Music?
Platform: Android, iOS, web, windows 10
DDF link for discussion: Breaking News - Jio Music is Now "JioSaavn".

Wynk music
Price: Rs. 99 per month (Free for Airtel users with ads)
Payment methods: Debit or credit card, Google Play, Wallets
Platform: Android, iOS, web
Music Purchase: Yes
DDF link for discussion: Airtel’s Wynk Music app News & Updates

Hungama Music
Price: Rs. 99
Subscribe: Hungama Subscription Plans - Hungama

SoundCloud
Subscribe: Source

YouTube Music
Offers: 3-month free trial
Price: Rs. 99 per month
Subscribe: YouTube Music Premium
DDF link for discussion: Trending Now - YouTube Music launched in India. Costs 99 per month

Last edited:
Voted Spotify, JioSaavn and Wynk Music.

My primary requirement is Telugu regional music, I don't listen to any other music.

Spotify's interface and features are excellent. I love the Gapless playback, Crossfade and Equalizer. This is the only music streaming app that provides a proper equalizer on iOS. The curation of playlists (Both Editor and Users) is awesome. They are also adding the regional content very quickly, some regional songs which were missing at launch are now available. Audio quality, even on very high is not up to the mark. However, with equalizer, it's excellent. This is my primary choice for music now.

JioSaavn comes second for me. It has good quality audio and the collection of songs is also very good. The curation is also good for regional content. Pricing is way too high, one can easily choose Spotify over JioSaavn at this price point.

Wynk Music is my third option. There are lot of bugs in the app, but the music quality in HD is top notch. Even in very high, the quality is excellent. It beats all the other streaming apps in the quality. But the curation and bugs are the downside.

I used all the other streaming apps as well, and they have their own issues. Gaana has the lowest quality among all though it has a good interface and mostly bug free app, Amazon Music doesn't have proper regional content, even after these many days, Apple music takes way too long to add new Albums!!

Voted Jiosaavn, Wynk Music and Spotify. I Already Using Since Years Jiosaavn, Wynk Music and Now Also Started Using Spotify. As of Now I prefer This 3 Only.

Voted Spotify, Gaana and Amazon Prime music.

I'm using Spotify since April 2015 and I like the playlist curation and easy creation and share of playlist with others. Spotify knows what kind of music I like and it creates a playlist. And unlike other streaming services, Spotify refreshes playlist with new songs after every 7 days.
After launch I switched to Spotify India and now I can't play many songs because of licensing issues with Warner.
I'll have to agree with Siva bro audio quality is little low. Even I'm using premium and audio quality is set to high.
Below 👇 is an example of only one playlist. Spotify creates many playlist based on personal preference and all are good.
PTiLGVO.jpg

I like Gaana because
It has dark theme and it can be enabled everywhere.
Gaana has radio mirchi. I don't think any other music streaming app has.
Gaana app for windows 10 is filled with bugs and for that reason it is ad free 🤣
Last, I use gaana for streaming Hindi or Punjabi songs.
Radio Mirchi on gaana. 👇 One of the feature which I like the most.
zqvOqnz.jpg

I also use Amazon Prime music. I didn't find anything special but it doesn't cost anything extra, comes with Amazon Prime and it is ad-free (y)

Voted for Spotify and Gaana. I have premium subscription for both. Like others said, playlists on Spotify are great along with nice app user interface. But Spotify quality is little low when compared to Gaana when both are set to highest quality. I use Gaana for regional content and Spotify for international content. At this point, Spotify lacks many songs due to licensing issue. I hope this issue will be solved soon.

YouTube Music added to the poll. If you want, you can change vote :)

I use all the streaming services out there. But I mostly prefer Gaana the most because of lyrics. I also like play music and youtube music. In google play music there is this cache while streaming feature which save the songs we listen to offline.

JioSaavn and Wink .. I love listining to Kannada and these two provide the best content with lots of customization ... Others also have plenty kannada music with latest albums but i love Jio and Wink .. Even Gaana is good

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock