OTF Exclusive Web Series, Movies & Originals Recommendations & Reviews by members

Saw Kantara yesterday and it's completely based on compelling storytelling and character arcs derived and caused by frail nature of human emotions. Easy in its story and frantic in its peak, Kanatara is an absolute gem of a movie. Been a long time since a movie like this. Foremost the standout is cinematography, absolutely gorgeous and thematic in its visuals presenting the myriad of human conjunctions in such a feeble way was a delight to say the least. Then the Acting, truly chef's kiss. To say the least, do watch this.

Watched Brahmastra yesterday.To summarize the movie is low on content and high on VFX.The scenes between Ranbir and Alia are truly terrible in my opinion.If the makers had spent even 1% of the budget on story and dialogues the movie would have been very good.

Saw a few movies recently;

Ticket To Paradise
9shbCyq.jpg

Everybody loves a half baked rom-com and this is exactly one of those. Strikingly charming actors with gorgeous visuals of Bali and lot of jokes. However bad the story is, you’re not gonna be bored. Fun ride. (2/5)

The Maze Runner Trilogy
VQeKKjD.jpg

85wPgwH.jpg

oEALg0m.jpg

I love dystopian genre so I had to see this trilogy. It neither disappointed me nor had me going like “this was brilliant”. The film tries to be great but the screenplay falls short of expectation. It’s good watch if you can ignore certain instances. (3/5)

See How They Run
el6joVr.jpg

A classic whodunit drama with some good acting by lead actors and enjoyable story, you won’t be bored. But this film takes some questionable steps such as split screen, not a fan, and it tried to be quirky with quick cuts and half baked blocking. Safe to say it was not good. Anyone who loves murder mystery, it’s good and the ones who don’t, see it for yourself. (3/5)

Ocean’s Eleven
TP72yGw.jpg

Ocean’s Eleven falls into the category of ‘A Perfect Film’. From the story and acting to editing, background score, cinematography and direction, everything is maxed out. With a tight screenplay, its two hours runtime passes like a breeze. Honestly this watching this was a relief after seeing all those movies listed above. (5/5)

Watching Breathe:Into the shadows ssn 2.It is okish.I think the biggest hurdle for the series is limited acting skills of Abhishek B.His expressions are virtually same in every movie,series he does.Amit Sadh is decent but he is getting typecasted playing the similar type of role over and over again.

Virata Parvaam is the most boring film I have watched in a while. It was absolutely painful to watch.
(3/10)

Bimbisara is stupid and silly. But it was super entertaining (same as Akhanda). Enjoyed it.
(7/10)

Rorschach is really weird. Can't say I hated it, but I didn't enjoy that much either. Story was good. Mammootty looks good while doing action.
(7/10)

Enola Holmes 2 was fun and engaging.
Was surprised that they decided to make Moriarty a woman. Wasn't expecting it.
(7.5/10)

Emergency Declaration was good, but the runtime could've been shorter. Otherwise a good movie.
(7.5/10)

Oke Oka Jeevitham/Kanam was unique and beautiful. Kept me hooked throughout.
(8.5/10)

Virata Parvaam is the most boring film I have watched in a while. It was absolutely painful to watch.
(3/10)

Bimbisara is stupid and silly. But it was super entertaining (same as Akhanda). Enjoyed it.
(7/10)

Rorschach is really weird. Can't say I hated it, but I didn't enjoy that much either. Story was good. Mammootty looks good while doing action.
(7/10)

Enola Holmes 2 was fun and engaging.
Was surprised that they decided to make Moriarty a woman. Wasn't expecting it.
(7.5/10)

Emergency Declaration was good, but the runtime could've been shorter. Otherwise a good movie.
(7.5/10)

Oke Oka Jeevitham/Kanam was unique and beautiful. Kept me hooked throughout.
(8.5/10)
Your mother tongue?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock