Voot Select subscription prices increased

• Thread starter Mr.Bhat
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 63
  • Views: Views 9,736
My distant relative sells TVs. Only 1% customer wants DTH along with the TVs. Than also most opted's for DD FreeDish. Most of the people buying TV nowadays knows value of Smart TVs along with OTTs. You get unlimited internet for ₹500 that can stream easily 4K. It is aggressively replacing DTH. Problem is OTT players themselves. This mobile centric plans are nonsense. Introduce lower tier ad supported plans or go freemium. There is even demand for 8K content in the market. When people comes to preview content. They watch 4K videos on YouTube before buying.
In South india people are crazy after subscribing some OTT, most of people still have DTH and cable connections for modern TVs as primary entertainment, they won't move anytime and nobody care much about Free DD Dish/ Free Channels in South States.

In South india people are crazy after subscribing some OTT, most of people still have DTH and cable connections for modern TVs as primary entertainment, they won't move anytime and nobody care much about Free DD Dish/ Free Channels in South States.
Rural South Indians with poor internet connectivity.

Rural South Indians with poor internet connectivity.
Bro we have proper broadband connection and still we use dth and ott....
I am a rural South Indians... Here most people use both services and of course, for some people dth is primary and others ott is primary....
OTT is not ultimate thing it has its own cons...
Dth is for casual viewing for our family....
We can't simply use OTT for casual viewing....
Even In USA People Use Both Cable And OTT that doesn't mean they don't have proper Internet connectivity...
It's their choice.
And, mainly in urban areas... Cable TV providers provide Internet connections... So they stay with their cable services...

They have updated with a new tab trailer. and yes all shows are streaming only in 480p the highest
QGG30M6.png

I am a rural South Indians... Here most people use both services and of course, for some people dth is primary and others ott is primary....
Even In USA People Use Both Cable And OTT that doesn't mean they don't have proper Internet connectivity...
It's their choice.
And, mainly in urban areas... Cable TV providers provide Internet connections... So they stay with their cable services...
All are moved to Airtel and Jio for internet and Live Tv with STB in urban areas, No one care about rubbish cable TV providers. We can watch all pay channels and Most of OTTs for Just Rs.236 in Jio fiber with OTT Add on.

It's their choice.
Cable provider doesn't bundle cable here like they do in US. Both are separate business. And most of them has subpar connection some even charges much more. Maybe you have non tech savvy elderly at household. Otherwise most people has moved to OTT. Cable/DTH is dated concept.

All are moved to Airtel and Jio for internet and Live Tv with STB in urban areas, No one care about rubbish cable TV providers. We can watch all pay channels and Most of OTTs for Just Rs.236 in Jio fiber with OTT Add on.
Not all bro, may be a chunk of customer base...
In our area people hate airtel fiber.... We use local broadband even bsnl fiber also... Here airtel fiber Techinicans are not responsible...
And, don't make any assumptions bro... Infact airtel and jio fiber doesn't cover 50 % India properly...
Even in prime cities... They don't have 100 percent coverage.... And.. U are simply saying all are moved from local providers... It is impossible bro...

Not all bro, may be a chunk of customer base...
In our area people hate airtel fiber.... We use local broadband even bsnl fiber also... Here airtel fiber Techinicans are not responsible...
And, don't make any assumptions bro... Infact airtel and jio fiber doesn't cover 50 % India properly...
Even in prime cities... They don't have 100 percent coverage.... And.. U are simply saying all are moved from local providers... It is impossible bro...
But local cable providers not giving service properly with regular fiber cuts and power issues and can't offer OTTs. In Airtel and Jio we will not face this type of issues and get quality. Fixed wireless broadband will come after 2 years with 5G for small towns. DTH is best for rural villagers.

Cable provider doesn't bundle cable here like they do in US. Both are separate business. And most of them has subpar connection some even charges much more. Maybe you have non tech savvy elderly at household. Otherwise most people has moved to OTT. Cable/DTH is dated concept.
Bro, here cable providers bundle services bro...
Even government providers also bundle services.. In our area...
I only mentioned some charges much more actually local providers are very cheap than this pan India Service providers
Actually, my mom uses ott and than me...
OTT doesn't have casual viewing and it is not good for sports it has its own issues...
The only problem with TV channels is advertisements... And lack of interesting Content...
I hate OTT content to watch with family... It is best for personal viewing but for to watch with family they only have new movies and reality TV shows from their TV channels and some webseries...
U mentioned most people moved to OTT..
Actually most people are using OTT with their cable and DTH service... They are not completely moved...
And, OTT is a new concept that doesn't Mean Dth and cable are outdated...
Actually, if some person only want to watch sports from star... They need to purchase complete hotstar for this 899 or 1499
But in dth we can add sport channels only on match days... We don't need to pay 899 for this... It is just like below 1rupee below per day... This is just an example for a statement u mentioned dth or cable is outdated... No it doesn't..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock