Discussion Vodafone might exit India

With india been such a huge market, cannot afford to have only three telecom providers, Airtel, BSNL, Jio , we surely need a fourth telecom operator.

something will surely workout.

With india been such a huge market, cannot afford to have only three telecom providers, Airtel, BSNL, Jio , we surely need a fourth telecom operator.

something will surely workout.
I guess china mobile limited is on the way.

Vodafone Idea lost 3.6 crore subscribers in November, Reliance Jio user base up 54 lakh: Trai data
Vodafone Idea lost maximum 3.6 crore wireless subscribers in November, while Reliance Jio More on this topic from Business Today Reliance Jio adds 91 lakh new customers in Oct; Vodafone Idea, Airtel recover from subscriber loss: TRAI Telecom tariff war: Reliance Jio claims to offer five times more free outgoing calls than rivals Reliance Jio All-in-One plans: How they fare against new Vodafone Idea, Airtel tariff packs Powered by gained over 56 lakh subscribers, says Trai data. While Reliance Jio and Airtel's subscriber base increased 1.54 per cent and 0.51 per cent, respectively, Vodafone Idea's user base shrunk 9.77 per cent in the period. Overall, Vodafone Idea has lost 10.5 crore subscribers since the both telcos joined hands in September 2018.

They themselves are responsible for the subscriber losses. When their own chairman was admitting that they will shutdown operations, what will the customers do. It is nothing but a panic port out. I remember that in December they realized what they have done and sent text to each customers explaining that "Rumors of exit are false and they are deeply committed to the subscribers".

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it is common that network type changes from 4G to E or H+ and comes back with most of the SIMs. But in my case the signal goes of totally (simultaneously for both the SIMs) with "x"sign on it as if there is no SIM in the phone.
I had similar issue like yours, had replaced the sim as they expected it damaged and it works fine once replaced. May be you can try unless its pure network issue at your location.

Malaysian Telco Axiata may soon exit Vodafone Idea as stock continues its slide
Valuation of co’s 1.05% stake in debt-ridden telco has plummeted to around ₹115 cr now.
Axiata Group Berhad is close to completely exiting Vodafone Idea, with the valuation of the Malaysian telco’s stake in the struggling carrier seeing a sharp erosion over the past 18 months, a person familiar with the matter said. Axiata’s earlier 8.15% stake at the time of the Vodafone-Idea merger was valued at roughly ₹3,500 crore, with the merged entity valued at around ₹43,200 crore. Vodafone Idea’s market capitalisation is now down at ₹10,977 crore, and in this time, Axiata’s stake has got diluted to 1.05%, and is worth a paltry ₹115 crore.

Malaysian Telco Axiata may soon exit Vodafone Idea as stock continues its slide
Valuation of co’s 1.05% stake in debt-ridden telco has plummeted to around ₹115 cr now.
Axiata Group Berhad is close to completely exiting Vodafone Idea, with the valuation of the Malaysian telco’s stake in the struggling carrier seeing a sharp erosion over the past 18 months, a person familiar with the matter said. Axiata’s earlier 8.15% stake at the time of the Vodafone-Idea merger was valued at roughly ₹3,500 crore, with the merged entity valued at around ₹43,200 crore. Vodafone Idea’s market capitalisation is now down at ₹10,977 crore, and in this time, Axiata’s stake has got diluted to 1.05%, and is worth a paltry ₹115 crore.
Wow, What a loss

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock