Discussion Vodafone might exit India

In a letter to the Department of Telecommunications, the company said it wants minimum price of data should be fixed at Rs. 35 per gigabyte and minimum monthly connection charge at Rs. 50 from April 1, 2020. Current mobile internet prices are in the range of Rs. 4-5 per GB.
Vodafone Idea Seeks Rs. 35 per GB as Minimum Mobile Data Tariff Amid Financial Woes
Data floor prices are the need of the hour, though what Vodafone Idea has demanded is too high, DoT sould set the floor price between 10 to 15 rupees per GB. That is the only thing which can help decongest the 4G network and ensure good speed for all users with the overall consumption of data going down.
The floor tariff for voice should be linked to IUC, while IUC is 6p/min that should be the floor tariff for voice, when IUC becomes zero the floor price for voice should also become zero.
Voda idea has also suggested a minimum monthly fee of 50rs per connection, much like the fixed rental for postpaid. If this is factored in, in all the combo plans then multi SIM usage will reduce drastically and ppl will move to single SIM usage pattern.

In a letter to the Department of Telecommunications, the company said it wants minimum price of data should be fixed at Rs. 35 per gigabyte and minimum monthly connection charge at Rs. 50 from April 1, 2020. Current mobile internet prices are in the range of Rs. 4-5 per GB.
Vodafone Idea Seeks Rs. 35 per GB as Minimum Mobile Data Tariff Amid Financial Woes

UG9hVh7.png

I get ₹50 as floor price. ₹35 per gb? Somebody should change the thread title from Vodafone might leave India to Vodafone should leave India.

I spoke to industry expert. If it wasn't for AGR. Vodafone would still be in trouble because of late investment in 4G.

Vodafone's Spectrum dues are around double that of AGR dues.
Their dues to banks are around AGR+Spectrum dues.

I get ₹50 as floor price. ₹35 per gb? Somebody should change the thread title from Vodafone might leave India to Vodafone should leave India.

I spoke to industry expert. If it wasn't for AGR. Vodafone would still be in trouble because of late investment in 4G.
It's not would be, they are in trouble even right now because of late investment and continued delayed in upgrade to 4G.

Floor price is definitely needed to improve the quality of network. Cheap prices are causing the bottlenecks in peak hours in high density regions. They cant even upgrade the networks with this tariff. I still dont get why people need 11GB per month (as per the latest nokia report, thats what the avg monthly consumption is)

Floor price is definitely needed to improve the quality of network. Cheap prices are causing the bottlenecks in peak hours in high density regions. They cant even upgrade the networks with this tariff. I still dont get why people need 11GB per month (as per the latest nokia report, thats what the avg monthly consumption is)
At the moment. I don't customers are willing to pay for improved service. We were happy paying for internet at increased price last December in the hope of getting improved service. Instead services got worsened ever since.

People are crazy for watching live cricket or tv with Jio sim;)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock