Breaking TRIPLE TALAQ is now a Criminal Offense in India

Parliament LIVE: Lok Sabha Passes Triple Talaq Bill Without Amendments, Now it Goes to Rajya Sabha
The Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, 2017 was introduced after a voice vote as all treasury benches members supported the introduction. The Bill criminalises triple talaq, or oral divorce, and has provision for a maximum three-year jail term and fine for practicing this form of divorce. It also gives Muslim women the right to seek maintenance and the right to a child's custody.

19:20 pm: Owaisi's amendment has been defeated with 241 votes against it and just two votes in its favour

Last edited:
So now after this Act ,

One person used Triple Talaq to leave his wife for that he got 3 years jail after punishment

When he come out of jail if she is still his wife or not ??

This law clarify this ??

If anyone knows the answer pls clarify it

Thanks

Last edited:
So now after this Act ,

One person used Triple Talaq to leave his wife for that he got 3 years jail after punishment

When he come out of jail if she is still his wife or not ??

Will this law clarify this ??

If anyone knows the answer pls clarify it

Thanks

tricky questions :no::lol:

I feel, she ll still be d wife, until official divorce is filed in the interim, and legally the couple is separated. :eek:k:

tricky questions :no::lol:

Thanks

Not tricky question needed question

Should be the crore of this law but unfortunately no official clarification for this

I feel, she ll still be d wife, until official divorce is filed in the interim, and legally the couple is separated. :eek:k:

Then what is the need to put a particular person in jail ??

If she not get the instant remedy ??

Husband gng to jail is remedy for her ??

Thanks

Not tricky question needed question

Should be the crore of this law but unfortunately no official clarification for this

Then what is the need to put a particular person in jail ??

If she not get the instant remedy ??

Husband gng to jail is remedy for her ??

husband get punished, for his evil intent of giving a divorce, and not actually being divorced.
so basically, its like dowry act.... u cannot ask for dowry, its a crime..... that doesnt mean, someone can forcefully take dowry from you...

so basically, its like dowry act.... u cannot ask for dowry, its a crime..... that doesnt mean, someone can forcefully take dowry from you...

Nope both are different

Every dowary case will not end in divorce it depends on she's prayer

But here there is no clarify if she automatically get divorce once he get 3 years jail or she have move to court seperate or she won't get divorce or it depends on her ??

Hope u understand my doubt & loophole in this law :)

Nope both are different

Every dowary case will not end in divorce it depends on she's prayer

But here there is no clarify if she automatically get divorce once he get 3 years jail or she have move to court seperate or she won't get divorce or it depends on her ??

Hope u understand my doubt & loophole in this law :)
she doesnt get divorced, and yes she can cite this reason of triple talaq, as a basis of getting divorced.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock