The Great Indian Kapil Show | Netflix | 8PM every Saturday from 30 March

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 46
  • Views: Views 5,632
For many ₹200 is big amount in India, we're still developing by concentrating wealth on a few.
Even I consider it too much. Than again Netflix is an affordable luxury. You gotta pay to watch quality content.

Why do you have to comment in such a derailing way. Some of us thinks that Netflix is heavily overpriced as compared to other platforms available in India and these other platforms offer same level of content as Netflix or even excel at it sometimes.
I have consumed content from pretty much every platform. I am seeing the quality detoriate over the years. Only Netflix and Sony Liv are consistent. I rather pay and watch something good. Than waste my precious time.
True but movies are like one time thing. Don't think it'll help them to convert people heavily.
People consumes older movies and series too. Just like how Hotstar attracted mass viewers using cricket. Netflix does same with movies.
What different format is it? It's all the same since comedy nights. The characters are fine TBH it was earlier gutthi, then rinku bhabhi. Same for other actors the problem is jokes are so repeatative now. Nothing new or creative. Let's see how it goes in future.

also earlier episodes used to have heavy involvement of comic characters. They had so many but over the time people left, characters reduced and hence it started becoming more talk show. They even started doing that social media comment section or those boring games like pass the sentence.
The tried game show format on Sony. It didn't work.

I hardly watch any movies/series on prime so I'm planning to buy Prime shopping edition after expire of current plan.
Yeah I did the same. Thought will borrow friend's account or subspace if needed.

Pro tip zomato gold gives 150 off on prime purchases and it applies to shopping as well. Got it at 250 rs.

Even I consider it too much. Than again Netflix is an affordable luxury. You gotta pay to watch quality content.
Anything more than 500 per year is costly if we consider our purchasing power. I regularly pay 500-600 for prime video after applying coupon.anything more than that is costly if I consider my viewing time which is very less since I prefer to watch live sports on tv and all hindi/English movies in the theatre. This is my pure personal view.
Yes, in india where ten golf had subscribers and f1 had also, it is not surprised netflix get some subscriber outside the bundled ott/fibre offer. But that will not grow there business and their Revenue will also fall.observing this f1 signed deal with fancode. India is a complete price sensitive market and they can't sustain without ad.

Anything more than 500 per year is costly if we consider our purchasing power. I regularly pay 500-600 for prime video after applying coupon.anything more than that is costly if I consider my viewing time which is very less since I prefer to watch live sports on tv and all hindi/English movies in the theatre. This is my pure personal view.
Yes, in india where ten golf had subscribers and f1 had also, it is not surprised netflix get some subscriber outside the bundled ott/fibre offer. But that will not grow there business and their Revenue will also fall.observing this f1 signed deal with fancode. India is a complete price sensitive market and they can't sustain without ad.
₹200 a month isn't much brother. I see people lining at Starbucks everyday where one cup of coffee cost more than that. Same people will complain about newspapers costing ₹10. People are paying for stickers on a free IPL stream on JioCinema. IMO one should opted for monthly plan of a particular app and watch it that month. So it's cost effective that way. I use to do this before OTT bundles.

₹200 a month isn't much brother. I see people lining at Starbucks everyday where one cup of coffee cost more than that. Same people will complain about newspapers costing ₹10. People are paying for stickers on a free IPL stream on JioCinema. IMO one should opted for monthly plan of a particular app and watch it that month. So it's cost effective that way. I use to do this before OTT bundles.
RIP Logic!

This is less than 5% of India

Last edited:
Comparing Netflix for Prime isn't fair. Netflix has huge collection but it's overpriced for Indian market.

I hardly watch any movies/series on prime so I'm planning to buy Prime shopping edition after expire of current plan.

For many ₹200 is big amount in India, we're still developing by concentrating wealth on a few.
If Rs,200/- is a big amount for Netflix, then how much costs for a movie watching with family in PVR Inox?

Last edited:
IMO one should opted for monthly plan of a particular app and watch it that month. So it's cost effective that way.
This is the best way to watch. Subscribing every month isn't worth it. As most of the releases aren't worth watching. I subscribed to Netflix last month after many months. I let everything pile up, and finally hand-picked and watched actual good shows that released the last few months. None of them dissappointed me.

There's 1 or 2 good shows every month. Subscribe every 3 months. Watch the 4-5 best shows that released in that time frame. Ends up being ₹800 per year. Paisa wasool! 😋

Coming to the actual topic of the thread. I agree, the jokes are cringe, repeatative and unfunny now. But for me the celebrity interaction is the highlight. Listening to their stories. I don't think there's any light hearted talk show like this.

My parents saw the ad for this show and told me to play. They enjoyed it and found it hilarious. And seeing them happy and enjoy it, I started to enjoy it too.

Last edited:
RIP Logic!

This is less than 5% of India
Exactly, they are trying to cater to more than 5% of the market with regional content and The Great Indian Kapil Sharma Show.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock