The Great Indian Kapil Show | Netflix | 8PM every Saturday from 30 March

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 46
  • Views: Views 5,630
This guy is recycling same show on different platforms from the past decade

Older generation who lives in villages and don't have smart TVs don't even know what Netflix is..
They are sad that the program stopped airing on TV...
Nothing like that. In my view, netflix subscription is too costly for its content offering. Noone will subscribe just to view thus show. Still the numbers shall be good considering netflix bundle offered with broadband.

Nothing like that. In my view, netflix subscription is too costly for its content offering. Noone will subscribe just to view thus show. Still the numbers shall be good considering netflix bundle offered with broadband.
It's just ₹200. They offer you ad-free content, premium games and top tier fresh content every week. Mobile plan is ₹50 cheaper.

This guy is recycling same show on different platforms from the past decade
It's a improv based talk show. How is this recycling? Aren't likes of Jimmy Kimmel doing same since 2005?

It's a improv based talk show. How is this recycling? Aren't likes of Jimmy Kimmel doing same since 2005?
But it has become boring show now. It was never just a talk show but comedy show. Now the jokes, characters everything is repeatative. Best were the comedy nights days and initial episodes of TKSS. I fast forwarded the first episode of TGIKS.

It's just ₹200. They offer you ad-free content, premium games and top tier fresh content every week. Mobile plan is ₹50 cheaper.
While it's "Just" for us. Given there content offering at least for core Indians who are not interested in international content is nothing but close to be called as terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
But it has become boring show now. It was never just a talk show but comedy show. Now the jokes, characters everything is repeatative. Best were the comedy nights days and initial episodes of TKSS. I fast forwarded the first episode of TGIKS.
Makers tried to bring different format and introduce new characters. It bombed. Majority of the audience wants old characters. It's more about interaction with celebrities in humour than just comedy acts. Only comedy and talk show format doesn't work for Indian audience.
While it's "Just" for us. Given there content offering at least for core Indians who are not interested in international content is nothing but close to be called as terrible.
Their local content offering has increased. Even more high budget movies like Animal, Dunki, Fighter etc. are coming to Netflix. Earlier Prime Video was preferred platform.

Last edited:
Just 200😁 yearly it is 2400 almost 1.5 times than prime which also get exclusive rights of new movies with free shopping and good no. Of south movies

Just 200😁 yearly it is 2400 almost 1.5 times than prime which also get exclusive rights of new movies with free shopping and good no. Of south movies
Than watch DD FreeDish. It's completely free. 🤭

Than watch DD FreeDish. It's completely free. 🤭
Why do you have to comment in such a derailing way. Some of us thinks that Netflix is heavily overpriced as compared to other platforms available in India and these other platforms offer same level of content as Netflix or even excel at it sometimes.

It's our opinion and let that just be.
Their local content offering has increased. Even more high budget movies like Animal, Dunki, Fighter etc. are coming to Netflix. Earlier Prime Video was preferred platform.
True but movies are like one time thing. Don't think it'll help them to convert people heavily.

Makers tried to bring different format and introduce new characters. It bombed. Majority of the audience wants old characters. It's more about interaction with celebrities in humour than just comedy acts. Only comedy and talk show format doesn't work for Indian audience.
What different format is it? It's all the same since comedy nights. The characters are fine TBH it was earlier gutthi, then rinku bhabhi. Same for other actors the problem is jokes are so repeatative now. Nothing new or creative. Let's see how it goes in future.

also earlier episodes used to have heavy involvement of comic characters. They had so many but over the time people left, characters reduced and hence it started becoming more talk show. They even started doing that social media comment section or those boring games like pass the sentence.

Comparing Netflix for Prime isn't fair. Netflix has huge collection but it's overpriced for Indian market.

I hardly watch any movies/series on prime so I'm planning to buy Prime shopping edition after expire of current plan.

For many ₹200 is big amount in India, we're still developing by concentrating wealth on a few.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock