Discussion Sony LIV App & Website - News & Updates

sony liv app new update in Android tv.
Version 6.4.1
Release date 9th July..
Few changes in ui..
Video quality not improve till now.

du7MBJg.jpg

Yesterday,SonyLiv app Updated on Jio Fiber Stb..
earlier it was updated on 4th july but there was Bug which was getting app to stuck on opening but now solved after updated.

sony liv new update in fire stick.
Version 7.9
Date 23rd July..
oFn18hq.jpg

Y4nkgUx.jpg

I have seen that Sony liv Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam channels in YouTube. And regularly adding videoes. It's an official YouTube channel of Sony? .

I got a offer from Sony live annual subscription for rs 700/- with Ajio 30% discount coupon...Few days back it was 750 and 25% ..

ccm5ALD.jpg

I got a offer from Sony live annual subscription for rs 700/- with Ajio 30% discount coupon...Few days back it was 750 and 25% ..
Looks like their subscriptions are not selling well hence giving such offers.

Looks like their subscriptions are not selling well hence giving such offers.
It's almost shocking they having premium sporting events available to stream which would have cost hundreds of dollars monthly elsewhere. Yet, they can't get premium subscription. They need to get rid of piracy apps and enhance their security.

It's almost shocking they having premium sporting events available to stream which would have cost hundreds of dollars monthly elsewhere. Yet, they can't get premium subscription. They need to get rid of piracy apps and enhance their security.

Their problem is having deals with telcoms Airtel, Vodafone-Idea which are providing content to watch freely on Mobiles. Reg Premium sports, other than Cricket, Football, WWE others are niche and have no value for an average consumer. Its not like Hotstar where they have 200+ Live days of Cricket and Premier league, Bundesliga, F1 races etc during the normal times that to costs only 400 bucks per year.
Imo their main issue is their pricing. Charging 999 bucks for mediocre content isn't gonna take them any where. Other than some network shows are unable to provide premium shows and movies(They Have licensed them to Prime and Netflix which tells you they are more worried about revenue than Service growth.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock