Discussion Sony LIV App & Website - News & Updates

I still don't get. Why wouldn't anyone pay ₹999 a year for UFC and NBA? Subscription via telecom operator is fine. But what about watching sporting events on big screens.

Their problem is having deals with telcoms Airtel, Vodafone-Idea which are providing content to watch freely on Mobiles. Reg Premium sports, other than Cricket, Football, WWE others are niche and have no value for an average consumer. Its not like Hotstar where they have 200+ Live days of Cricket and Premier league, Bundesliga, F1 races etc during the normal times that to costs only 400 bucks per year.
Imo their main issue is their pricing charging 999 bucks for mediocre content isn't gonna take them. Any where. other than some network shows are unable to provide premium shows and movies(They Have licensed them to Prime and Netflix which tells you they are more worried about revenue than Service growth.)
True..Sporting events doesn't attract many ...They should provide movies web series ..

Their previous pricing was correct. ₹ 499
They doubled the cost after revamp which is too much for their standards.
Yes that's the perfect price...At the time of 499 I was not watching streaming contents...Now In a mood and hoping at least new year offer may come @ that price...If the contents r more attractive then I will go for it...

You guys are talking about ₹499. They were offering subscription for as low as ₹19 for a week which was perfect to enjoy live sporting events.

You guys are talking about ₹499. They were offering subscription for as low as ₹19 for a week which was perfect to enjoy live sporting events.
They r now offering lower than u wrote...19×52 =988
But if we can select a 1 week option then it's fine...
Still i prefer watch cricket in TV by subscribing for ₹ 22/month...

They r now offering lower than u wrote...19×52 =988
But if we can select a 1 week option then it's fine...
I've been watching live sports on the TV apps from as long as its started streaming officially. There is no difference between OTT and traditional TV if you have good broadband and smart TVs.. In fact it will save some money if you are already anyways paying for broadband for other purposes like Work/personal use.

Anyways, traditional TV is still a better option for many with low broadband penetration

I've been watching live sports on the TV apps from as long as its started streaming officially. There is no difference between OTT and traditional TV if you have good broadband and smart TVs.. In fact it will save some money if you are already anyways paying for broadband for other purposes like Work/personal use
I tried watching the England West Indies test on both TV and Sony LIV on TV simultaneously. OTT one sucked in video quality compared to tv channel..
Definitely agree

I tried watching the England West Indies test on both TV and Sony LIV on TV simultaneously. OTT one sucked in video quality compared to tv channel..

Seems to be working fine for me on 55 inch TV and Fire TV Stick 4K. No buffering and good video quality. But yes, the experience is much better on Hotstar than SonyLiv.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock