Discussion Self censorship of Hotstar

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 49
  • Views: Views 5,418
Yeah that's true! I only watch the main segment that to on YouTube. Never watched on Hotstar. Just watched because of curiosity of what Hotstar gonna do today! They should Jimmy Kimmel Live also as it was Disney!
You need to watch full episodes. "Now this" segment is really funny. The only reason I never paid for Hotstar is because of last week tonight. I hated that they made us wait for a day. I asked on play store several times. My reviews were getting ignored. Because of this show itself I found a worthy pirate site. Currently, I use my brother's subscription who got it from Flipkart for sports and other stuff. It's ironic how they make us wait for a day. I finish Homeland my favourite show's new episode from pirated sites on Sunday itself. But our beloved Hotstar adds it on Monday. Netflix and Prime adds shows on same day unlike Hotstar.

Netflix and Prime adds shows on same day unlike Hotstar.
Hotstar is adding FX and HBO fiction series on time, I guess only Last Week Tonight is delayed. Amazon also adding the Star Trek : Picard on Friday where as all the pirated sites uploads the episodes on Thursday itself. I guess it because how the content deals where written like adding Billions after 6 months. 🤷‍♂️

Hotstar is adding FX and HBO fiction series on time, I guess only Last Week Tonight is delayed.
No bro... FX & HBO shows are also not uploaded on time.

This is an FX Show.👇 Season 4's first two episodes came out on 5th March. But it was added only recently.
Better Things - Season 4
Added

JC1aDsg.png

Still after one day. Friday was 6th.
Episode came out internationally on 5th.
5th Night 10pm in US is 6th for us! What can they do about the same? 🤷‍♂️ Episode it self broadcasted on 5th 10pm in US, idk how come it released on the same date internationally as US is literally the last time zone.

Last edited:
5th Night 10pm in US is 6th for us! What can they do about the same? 🤷‍♂️ Episode it self broadcasted on 5th 10pm in US, idk how come it released on the same date internationally as US is literally the last time zone.
Because most shows nowadays releases on OTT. Hours prior to tv.

Because most shows nowadays releases on OTT. Hours prior to tv.
I have never noticed any shows like that! Care to give any examples? As far as I know Broadcast /cable shows are only end up on streaming services after they finish broadcasting. HBO Originals stream on HBO Now at the same time as they are broadcasting on cable.
Also.. shows like Young Sheldon are added almost instantly on Prime Video.
Instantly meaning after/concurrent to their broadcast in US only right? In same prime video Star Trek a streaming show is being added almost after 10-12 hours delay.

Last edited:
I have never noticed any shows like that! Care to give any examples? As far as I know Broadcast /cable shows are only end up on streaming services after they finish broadcasting. HBO Originals stream on HBO Now at the same time as they are broadcasting on cable.
Homeland comes on Showtime Now before Showtime.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock