Reliance Jio users faced 900 crore blocked calls from top 3 operators: Mukesh Ambani

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) chairman and MD Mukesh Ambani took the stage to make some key announcements related to Reliance Jio. Ever since the company started its commercial operations from September 5, its users have been facing call failure issues when calling to other networks. Today, Mukesh Ambani revealed as many as 900 crore voice calls from Reliance Jio to three of the largest telecom operators in India were blocked in the last three months.

Airtel, Vodafone and Idea are India’s three largest telecom operators. Recent data released on November 7 by Reliance Jio revealed that around 4.74 crore calls failed to Airtel network, more than 2.35 crore calls failed to Vodafone and more than 1.41 crore calls failed to Idea network. The purpose of ‘Welcome Offer’ was to get customer feedback and iron out deficiencies in the network. Ambani also mentioned that the company is working with incumbent telecom operators to improve points of interconnectivity, and aims to resolve the issues soon. Ambani said that the call block rate had gone down from 90 percent to 20 percent and is confident that it would go down even further in the coming weeks as rival carriers activate more points of interconnection.

Ambani also touched down on other points where he mentioned that average Jio user has been using 25 times more data compared to average Indian broadband user. This has also made Reliance Jio the largest broadband provider in India in less than three months. Thanks to eKYC and Aadhaar based activations, around 600,000 customers have been signed up to the network every day in the last three months. This has also enabled activations to happen in under five minutes.

Currently, Reliance Jio has around 200,000 outlets, which is same as the number of ATMs in India. Jio aims to double these stores to 400,000 by March 2017. The company has also started Mobile Number Portability (MNP) service for those who don’t want to switch their existing numbers. And for those who cannot visit the stores, Reliance Jio has also started home delivery of SIM cards. The same will soon be available via MyJio App to cater top 100 cities by 31 December 2016.

Reliance Jio users faced 900 crore blocked calls from top 3 operators: Mukesh Ambani

Why they not mention the bsnl :huh ,now a days for me airtel,vodafone,idea,aircel,docomo calls working fine,only bsnl calls blcoked :u

Vicky said:
Why they not mention the bsnl :huh ,now a days for me airtel,vodafone,idea,aircel,docomo calls working fine,only bsnl calls blcoked :u

It's not a good idea to make Sarkari babus unhappy when you have to do business in the country

Sarkar said:
It's not a good idea to make Sarkari babus unhappy when you have to do business in the country

There is nothing to do with sarkari babu's
What they will get from blocking jio calls
Like other telcos ??

Sarkar said:
Then RIL will keep extending Free offer for more time  :lol

then again block and another free offer :p

Airtel, Voda, Idea will say- Offer pe Offer... Offer Pe Offer Milte hain judge sahab... Pr launch hone ki date nhi milti sahab :lol

santosh said:
There is nothing to do with sarkari babu's
What they will get from blocking jio calls
Like other telcos ??

These Sarkari babus have digested all the money Govt gave to expand BSNL network. So no money left to invest on infra. Now if you allow Jio's call then your own network will collapse. I hope you understand

Sarkar said:
These Sarkari babus have digested all the money Govt gave to expand BSNL network. So no money left to invest on infra. Now if you allow Jio's call then your own network will collapse. I hope you understand
Earlier only bsnl was working fine. Now it's reversed. I have so many bsnl numbers in my contacts and couldn't call them using Jio.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock