Breaking Reliance Jio Fiber to launch on 5th September, Welcome Offer Announced

Still their existing plans are expensive. Hopefully, they will understand the market and reduce the prices. Remember when Jio launched. They offered first 4gb data + unlimited downloads from (2 am - 5 pm) with unlimited calling for ₹499 for 28 days. Then when they publicly launched. They changed the plan to 2GB data plan for 28 days.
Plus what's the need of 100mbps? Base plans with 50mbps would have still been a hit with the masses. Consistency matters more than speeds on a wired connection. Less downtimes + no packet loss + low pings = a good connection. Who cares about 100mbps or 1gbps? 4K streaming, gaming, downloading will still be great even with those speeds and all they needed to do was make them FUP free. Hell i'd have been happy even if they had a 25mbps plan. India needs a reliable connection more than high speeds at the moment.

Jio Fiber will not be as successful as Jio 4G. with mobile network they were able to cover almost everywhere. But FIber will be available only within city limits. even in suburb area they won't be able to provide a connection

I feel that due to their jio sim offer and we all just hyped it too much with dirt cheap prices and freebies.
But we're forgetting due to their such offers and other infrastructure they're sitting on 3 lac crore liability .
As a big corporate they are going to recover from our pockets like other and it's time now.

They just saved lots of money during jio 4g rights but here they invested in various mso/optics and it cost mamoth.

Absolutely. That means DTH operators won't get affected by this.

And Rs 700 is for the base tariff which includes broadband+landline. For TV channels one may need to pay Rs 153 and then extra for pay channels or packs.

So say I take Rs 700 for GigaFiber + Rs 300 for TV channels provided by their partner lco do total will be Rs 1000
If this the Jio plan no one will move and there is no use of spending 4500rs.

Although it's too early to comment, we have to say, yesterday's event turned out to be a damp squib. Expectations were sky-high, thinking that the announcement will be in the similar lines of Jio mobile network. However, disruption doesn't happen so often. What Jio mobile network did, can't be done in all areas. For 499, in many cities (South India), 25 Mbps unlimited GB plans are available. If we spend 999, we get 50 Mbps unlimited GB plans. Speeds go even higher in the limited GB plans (50 Mbps for 499, 60 Mbps 250 GB for 699, 100 Mbps for 999 and so on) with a post FUP speed of 2Mbps. 700 rupees base plan of 100 Mbps that was announced is not viable if it's a limited GB plan, even if they combine OTT content with it. Many won't even subscribe to OTT in India, if you understand what I'm saying, they just need fast broadband at cheap price. This particular requirement is already being fulfilled by so many players in the market at cheaper prices than this! Group video calling, MR shopping (LOL) and Online 4K gaming surely won't make the user switch from the existing network!

Few were saying TRAI made these new rules only to clear path for Jio TV launch, and there was not even a mention of so-called Jio TV in the event. I wonder what those people will say now! Jio STB will accept cable signal was what I heard, so obviously, the only discount they can give is in NCF, maybe they will fix the NCF below 100, which could save few bucks, but that's not a huge change! They should have combined TV with these plans to force users to think of a switch. Otherwise, people who are currently testing it will be running to them to collect the deposit amount (2500 or 4500 INR) back!

Let's wait for the official pricing reveal (With their cable TV plan) and then we will get the full picture. The current impression is pretty poor though!

Most of us have android TV or fire TV stick for ott apps etc.

They said that one will get free STB only if one opts for the annual broadband plans.

So I take a example:

If I take the base pack of Rs 700 + 18% GST = Rs 826. For a year it would be Rs 9912.
Add Rs 4500 for the ONT. Total approx 14.5k

This is without live TV channels.

Most of us have android TV or fire TV stick for ott apps etc.

They said that one will get free STB only if one opts for the annual broadband plans.

So I take a example:

If I take the base pack of Rs 700 + 18% GST = Rs 826. For a year it would be Rs 9912.
Add Rs 4500 for the ONT. Total approx 14.5k

This is without live TV channels.
Can we require live tv if all pay tv broadcasters apps bundled with basic plan?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock