Reliance Jio asking users to pay for free Welcome Offer?

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
The ‘Buzz’ around Reliance Jio network has helped the company add over 16million subscribers in just a little over a month. After all, it was free internet, calls, messages, you say it and they were giving it for free till the end of this year. But recently there have been issues with regard to services from the new operator. While the company is already embroiled in a massive fight with operators on call connection, Jio subscribers are finding themselves with a new ‘data’ related issue. A lot of consumers are receiving a “Sign into network” message and after clicking on it, it says, “You have exhausted your account balance/Credit limit” and then it asks the user to recharge if it’s a prepaid number or to pay the bill in case of postpaid users.

What about the “Welcome Offer”?

As part of "Welcome offer” from Jio, new users were given free trial offer till Dec. 31. This means consumers will be entitled to get unlimited HD Voice (VoLTE), video calling, unlimited SMS (9000) and unlimited high speed data.

Furthermore, they will also avail premium Jio applications – My Jio, Jio on Demand, Jio Beats – with unlimited options of latest movies, TV shows and songs across multiple languages till the end of 2016. Post the trial offer; users can enrol for data tariff plans of their choice.

Problems with Jio Network

There have been millions of Jio network adopters, the company must have expected problems to fall in their lap. Calls not getting through? Is not even close to the biggest problem. Many complaints were filed in recent months about the network drop and internet speed. “If all we wanted was unlimited data with ‘2G speed’, we would have opted for BSNL” stated a resident in Delhi NCR area.

So you expected that you'll be getting the Jio SIM and use it to make a hotspot. Indeed, you can do that. In any case, the speed is not going to be incredible and at the end of the day, the reliability of the connection is a bit suspicious. Despite the fact that the network will notch up the speed upto 20mbps in speed test apps, but if you use it for browsing and downloading and so forth, the speed will be scarcely be higher than 2mbps. On some occasions it is as low as 300kbps to 400kbps.

A mobile network has numerous elements that should be tuned and we presume that Jio is still tuning them, especially now when a large number of people are using it. This is the reason why Jio can be incredibly fast in some apps however frustratingly slow in others. For instance, in an application like Facebook it will play a video at a marvellous speed but in YouTube it will lag. After one hour, it will all be reverse.

Now we understand Jio is trying to set up a pan India 4G network in one go, and keeping up with over 16 million subscribers for a month old operator can be a bit tricky but the biggest question here is, Why is Jio asking its users to recharge or pay a bill when it clearly stated that all services are free till the end of this year?

Reliance Jio asking users to pay for free Welcome Offer? | ET Telecom

Reactions: Omi
I think this has to do with the occasional 0 value recharge one has to do. May be those who are facing it can try 0 recharge.

rahul1117kumar said:
The ‘Buzz’ around Reliance Jio network has helped the company add over 16million subscribers in just a little over a month. After all, it was free internet, calls, messages, you say it and they were giving it for free till the end of this year. But recently there have been issues with regard to services from the new operator. While the company is already embroiled in a massive fight with operators on call connection, Jio subscribers are finding themselves with a new ‘data’ related issue.

Problems with Jio Network

There have been millions of Jio network adopters, the company must have expected problems to fall in their lap. Calls not getting through? Is

Now we understand Jio is trying to set up a pan India 4G network in one go, and keeping up with over 16 million subscribers for a month old operator can be a bit tricky but the biggest question here is, Why is Jio asking its users to recharge or pay a bill when it clearly stated that all services are free till the end of this year?

Reliance Jio asking users to pay for free Welcome Offer? | ET Telecom
I am the most suitable person to answer this as i faced it.
Let me explain this.. Mine sim was activated and within 3 hrs, received the welcome msg. Calling started but when i tried to access the data, it said your balance is exhausted, even though the welcome offer was activated. I tried to make a complaint via mail, twitter and to cc too. They said this due to some technical problem and will be resolved in 48 hrs.
I went to retailer as well but he also didn't had any clue. Then after 4 days, cc told me that the sim was activated for Jiofy device, wrongly by the retailer.
He told me to go back to the retailer and he will then give you another sim with same number. I will have to scan my thumb print again. Next day when i went to the retailer, he also accepted that the problem came due to his inability to activate the sim correctly. He then gave me new sim, i gave my thumb impression and in 5 minutes, my sim was activated.
So, i request to all those people who are facing this issue, doesn't need to blame the Operator.. Instead, they should contact their retailer and tell them the solution for it.

Kitna try karenge log jio ko defame karne ka! I am silently enjoying Jio & it's apps like JioMags, JioMusic, JioTV and sometimes JioCinema or whatever name it has. I always get more than 10Mbps, but there are some issues with some websites sometimes.

Optimus_Prime said:
No of customers of Jio will drastically reduce after 31st dec. lol!!
Yeah, if the other operators provide free unlimited calling!

ilikered said:
Yeah, if the other operators provide free unlimited calling!

most of the people using jio for unltd calling or unltd data???? :huh :huh

Optimus_Prime said:
most of the people using jio for unltd calling or unltd data???? :huh :huh
Right now, for unlimited data. Once the welcome offer is over they will use it for unlimited calling!

ilikered said:
Right now, for unlimited data. Once the welcome offer is over they will use it for unlimited calling!
Unlimited calling also comes with a cost...
Rs.499 is no less and i don't think anyone would be willing to pay this amount with current network situation..

rtz2042 said:
Unlimited calling also comes with a cost...
Rs.499 is no less and i don't think anyone would be willing to pay this amount with current network situation..
There's a 149 plan also!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock