Reliance Jio Fiber 2.4GHz vs 5GHz routers - speed and reliability discussions

JIO is one messed up crack baby!!!!!!
They are like godfather of telecom companies. They decide what people will watch and what not. Don't watch p**n, don't change router settings, don't upload contents (10mbps now), don't use unlimited plan, deep packet inspection etc.

In future we can't even watch tv if we don't buy their stb. Because they are buying all big mso like hathway..

Last edited:
They are like godfather of telecom companies. They decide what people will watch and what not. Don't watch p**n, don't change router settings, don't upload contents (10mbps now), don't use unlimited plan, deep packet inspection etc.

In future we can't even watch tv if we don't buy their stb. Because they are buying all big mso like hathway..
Not for long... after Jodi government is over then Bambhani will not interfere in persons life.

Whatever explained by @Rajat Basak over several replies in this thread seems to work for me.

I have:

White Box (paid Rs.4500 and got internet connection on May 3, 2019 at our home in Salem)

We got free internet @100mbps speed (no monthly cap; we were able to use My Jio app to recharge free 100GB and 40GB vouchers, whenever the existing GB was over or whenever these monthly vouchers expired).

The free internet ended this December 19. So, almost 7 and a half months, which breaks up into Rs.600 per month, inclusive of all taxes, which includes the White Color modem and STB as well.

Modem has both 5GHZ and 2.4GHZ Wi-Fi connections.

2.4GHZ -- Signal upto 3 rooms (in distance) without issues. But internet speed is slow.

5GHZ -- Signal only upto 2 rooms. Signal is poor in 3rd room and will often loose Wi-Fi connection. But internet speed is almost double that of the 2.4GHZ connection.

There is one variable factor that could account for this difference: LINK SPEED

So of course, LINK SPEED is very low in the 2.4GHZ connection.

To see link speed in Android phone: Connect to Wi-Fi --> Go to Wi-Fi Settings --> Click on the currently connected wi-fi network --> A new window/page will display the connection details of the currently connected wi-fi network (this is the same place where the option FORGET or REMOVE THIS NETWORK or FORGET THIS NETWORK is displayed) --> LINK SPEED will be displayed in this same window.

Last edited:
Jio has now replaced my router with a new dual band router after they discovered a hardware issue in it. Now I get great speeds in 5ghz band and good coverage in 2.4ghz band. This dual band router is in blue colour.
Did you complain after that? When they replaced it? Did they charge anything?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock