Reliance Jio Fiber Paid Plan Review

Reaction score
So I have been migrated to jio fiber paid plan.
just for testing purpose i opted for gold plan 1 month.Followingare my observations:

1. speed advertised by jio for gold plan is 250mbps.

2. I am getting between 130-200mbps only on peered servers i guess because rest of local servers are giving me just 20-30mbps speed.

3. Speedtest to international servers is just 10-20mbps for me. I have no idea why is this happening. Jio is not a local broadband operator that can’t give full speeds on international servers.
even my local cable operator netplus is giving 80-100mbps speeds.

4. Still waiting for set top box to arrive.

5. Called jio fiber customer care and told them that i am getting low speed on different servers on speed test and following is their reply:

sir if you are getting 20mbps speed then that is good speed. We cannot log your complaint. I was surprised that on 250mbps plan they are saying 20mbps is more than enough.

conclusion:
I am really feeling stupid and full of guilt that i paid 1500rs for such low speed. But yes i just recharged for 1 month gold plan and will not recharge again.

screenshots for Speedtest:

Guys if anyone else in this forum is migrated to paid plan then please do a speedtest of international servers and local servers and post it here

Last edited:
Forgot to mention that jio fiber upload speed is 1/10 th of download speed.

so as per my plan i.e. gold , upload speed is around 23mbps.

for 100mbps bronze and silver plan its 8–9 mbps max

So I have been migrated to jio fiber paid plan.
just for testing purpose i opted for gold plan 1 month.Followingare my observations:

1. speed advertised by jio for gold plan is 250mbps.

2. I am getting between 130-200mbps only on peered servers i guess because rest of local servers are giving me just 20-30mbps speed.

3. Speedtest to international servers is just 10-20mbps for me. I have no idea why is this happening. Jio is not a local broadband operator that can’t give full speeds on international servers.
even my local cable operator netplus is giving 80-100mbps speeds.

4. Still waiting for set top box to arrive.

5. Called jio fiber customer care and told them that i am getting low speed on different servers on speed test and following is their reply:

sir if you are getting 20mbps speed then that is good speed. We cannot log your complaint. I was surprised that on 250mbps plan they are saying 20mbps is more than enough.

conclusion:
I am really feeling stupid and full of guilt that i paid 1500rs for such low speed. But yes i just recharged for 1 month gold plan and will not recharge again.

screenshots for Speedtest:

Guys if anyone else in this forum is migrated to paid plan then please do a speedtest of international servers and local servers and post it here
That's really pathetic, even Act gives better ping and speed on international server.

Jio will soon realise in shocking way, I strongly feels Jio going RCom way. Rcom was also pathetic and ignorant about customer feedback.

And when I complained about upload speed that it is too low then they had only standard reply that we have no information regarding it.

when I complained about upload speed that it is too low

-------------

Removed

I have a high-speed connection too ( not Jio ). I get full speed only on servers which are auto-selected by the speed test app. Otherwise it is 20-30 Mbps. But don't mind that ( in my case ), I get full speed on actual downloads.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Am On The Gold Plan And I Get 210 MBPS Average In Speedtest.net With The Ping Of 15 to 19 Or Sometimes 12ms To Chennai. I Live 500kms Away From Chennai.

I Am On The Gold Plan And I Get 210 MBPS Average In Speedtest.net With The Ping Of 15 to 19 Or Sometimes 12ms To Chennai. I Live 500kms Away From Chennai.

as you can see in my first post the speeds that i am getting. Those are not good.

Can you please do a Speedtest to Singapore server?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock