Reliance Jio Fiber 2.4GHz vs 5GHz routers - speed and reliability discussions

Bro, 2.4 ghz Router Sucks.

No it's not..

5GHz provides faster data rates at a shorter distance, whereas 2.4GHz offers coverage for farther distances, but may perform at slower speeds.

• If faster speeds are most important to you, 5GHz is usually a better choice than 2.4 GHz.

• If wireless range is more important to you, 2.4 GHz is usually a better choice than 5 GHz.

*Download speed depends on your data plan..

Source: Quora.

No it's not..

5GHz provides faster data rates at a shorter distance, whereas 2.4GHz offers coverage for farther distances, but may perform at slower speeds.

• If faster speeds are most important to you, 5GHz is usually a better choice than 2.4 GHz.

• If wireless range is more important to you, 2.4 GHz is usually a better choice than 5 GHz.

*Download speed depends on your data plan..

Source: Quora.

This Quora Answer Sucks More Than My Jio Router.

I Had 5ghz Router With Airtel V-Fiber And I Get Signals Till My Gate. But This Jio 2.4 ghz Router Has 1 Point Signal In The Next Room. Their STB Is Not Working Because Of Poor Coverage.

This Quora Answer Sucks More Than My Jio Router.

I Had 5ghz Router With Airtel V-Fiber And I Get Signals Till My Gate. But This Jio 2.4 ghz Router Has 1 Point Signal In The Next Room. Their STB Is Not Working Because Of Poor Coverage.
I checked from other source too. They are saying exactly same as Quora.

4iVee0T.png

Higher frequency signals cannot penetrate solid objects like walls and floors as well as lower frequency signals. Thus, the 2.4 GHz has a farther range than the 5 GHz frequency.

I checked from other source too. They are saying exactly same as Quora.

4iVee0T.png

Higher frequency signals cannot penetrate solid objects like walls and floors as well as lower frequency signals. Thus, the 2.4 GHz has a farther range than the 5 GHz frequency.
I Say These By Comparing What My Jio 2.4ghz Provides And What Airtel 5ghz Provided Earlier.

I Say These By Comparing What My Jio 2.4ghz Provides And What Airtel 5ghz Provided Earlier.

That's not a fair comparison. Infact that's not even a comparison. The info provided by @Rajat Basak bro is absolutely correct.

The 2.4ghz band provides better range but transmits data at slower speed. The 5ghz band provides high speed data transmission but with restricted coverage.

But we need to also consider the interferences from other sources. Vast majority of wifi enabled devices and many household gadgets like cordless phones, bluetooth devices, car sensors, microwave ovens, game consoles etc. etc. all use the 2.4ghz radio frequency band. That's the primary reason 5ghz band came into existence - to operate on a band which will be free from interference.

So, the range and speed of 2.4ghz will be very much affected if you have any device which operates in same band and will interfere with it.

I found more information about Jio Dual Band Router.. (Initial Offer) @Jagadeesh

-- One, if you take the Jio GigaFiber connection as part of Preview Offer by paying Rs 2500, you will get a connection with speed of up to 50mbps. In contrast, with the Rs 4500 Jio GigaFiber connection you get speed of up to 100mbps.

-- Two, you will get a single-band Wi-Fi router that supports 2.4Ghz connections. This is basically fine for small houses or if you are going to use the connection only within a room or two. But do keep in mind that with the Rs 4500 Jio GigaFiber offer you get a dual-band Wi-Fi router.

Source: Jio GigaFiber now available with Rs 2500 security fee but there is a catch and Rs 4500 offer still better

Last edited:
I found more information about Jio Dual Band Router..

-- One, if you take the Jio GigaFiber connection as part of Preview Offer by paying Rs 2500, you will get a connection with speed of up to 50mbps. In contrast, with the Rs 4500 Jio GigaFiber connection you get speed of up to 100mbps.

-- Two, you will get a single-band Wi-Fi router that supports 2.4Ghz connections. This is basically fine for small houses or if you are going to use the connection only within a room or two. But do keep in mind that with the Rs 4500 Jio GigaFiber offer you get a dual-band Wi-Fi router.

Source: Jio GigaFiber now available with Rs 2500 security fee but there is a catch and Rs 4500 offer still better
Correction Jio started providing dual band ONT for ₹2500 itself but started giving now that too for new connections only. Earlier they used to give separate routers with respect to cost.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock