Seeking Help Regarding HDD on other laptop

bhuvanbhatt

Reaction score
I was having Acer laptop but now it's not working can I use its 500 GB HDD on Dell Inspiron 3000 series.
I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 and I got genuine win10 on Acer laptop. Will I be get same my genuine win on Dell laptop after using on Dell laptop

can I use its 500 GB HDD on Dell Inspiron 3000 series.
Yes
I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 and I got genuine win10 on Acer laptop. Will I be get same my genuine win on Dell laptop after using on Dell laptop
Nope. Windows is quite smart to detect these. Basically a legit Windows 10 installation is tied to a motherboard. If that changes, activation status changes. But there is a way you can reactivate, but for that you'll have to contact Microsoft support

Yes, you can use any 2.5-inch HDD on your Dell laptop.

After installing HDD, and powering on your machine for the first time, Windows will detect hardware changes and it will try to install appropriate driver automatically. It may not work properly as it should, and also, previous drivers can create issues, including BSOD.

You may be able to transfer your Windows 10 license from your old laptop to a new computer, if it's a Retail license. To find out the license type, open CMD and type slmgr -dli and hit enter. A Windows script host will open and will display the license type. If it's says OEM, MAK, or VL, then you can not transfer the license.

GfQaHps.png

You can try using the Activation troubleshooter or contact MS support as said by Sparker0i bro.

You can also read this 👇 if it helps

Last edited:
I was having pirated windows 7 and I got digital licence after upgrading to windows 10. Win 10 was genuine. Now I want to transfer my licence to my Dell laptop.

As far as i know, Laptops come with oem license not retail license. You cant transfer windows ownership from one laptop to another.

I was having pirated windows 7 and I got digital licence after upgrading to windows 10. Win 10 was genuine. Now I want to transfer my licence to my Dell laptop.
If you have purchased from Microsoft then you should be able to migrate. I purchased windows 8 licence from Microsoft and used on desktop. Then used same over new acer laptop and I was not even asked to enter the product key after entering my outlook e-mail address as keys are linked to them.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock