Discussion [Poll] Music streaming Services in India. Which one you use?

Which music streaming service you use? You can select upto 3

• Google Play Music

• Apple Music

• Amazon Prime Music

• Gaana

• Saavn

• Wynk Music

• Jio Music

• Hungama Music

• Sound Cloud

• I don't use any of these

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jio music is best music app for mobile user as it is ad-free
Haha bro, seriously? The biggest irony is that They bombard ads all over with notifications, full screen ads when charger connect/disconnect, call disconnect.

Jio Music also has great quality, but the app is too outdated and has a pathetic UI
Even Gaana and wynk music have kinda outdated UI with pre-Material design iconography, drawers, seekbar and all

Haha bro, seriously? The biggest irony is that They bombard ads all over with notifications, full screen ads when charger connect/disconnect, call disconnect.
I haven't seen ads on Jio Music and Jio music app doesn't contain any ads. You can see if an app contains ads or not from Google play. Taken example of Jio music which doesn't contain ads and Gaana which contain ads.

Jio Music play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jio.media.jiobeats&hl=en_IN
xsPhXq0.png

Gaana Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gaana
cOJ6DZt.png

@sumitroy bro, Jio Music app sends notifications about their playlists and new addittion and so on.. In Gaana and Wynk app we can turn it off from settings but Jio Music has no option for it. I think that's what @sparker0i meant.

@sumitroy bro, Jio Music app sends notifications about their playlists and new addittion and so on.. In Gaana and Wynk app we can turn it off from settings but Jio Music has no option for it. I think that's what @sparker0i meant.
He also mentioned about full screen ads on charger connect and disconnect, which I have never seen. And the notifications can anyway be turned off at OS level though the app level setting isn't available. But as I said, the UI is too old school on Jio!

Even Gaana and wynk music have kinda outdated UI with pre-Material design iconography, drawers, seekbar and all
Yeah, but I guess they are way better than Jio!

I'll post the screenshot here when I get it the next time
Just found out that jiomusic was using a hack to display over other apps, even without the permission. Maybe I think this is because it targets sdk 22 (Android 5.1) which never had any permission control setting. But then Google will not allow any app updates to this app if it does not target sdk 26 (Android 8.0) from November 1, 2018

What I was referring to is this:
Source

This appears when you disconnect a call (not always), and when you connect or disconnect your charger (not always) . Also sometime it appears when you plug in your headphones

A relevant reddit link

Also Google for jiomusic charging ads. You will get not just charging, but other kind of ads too

Last edited:
I haven't seen ads on Jio Music and Jio music app doesn't contain any ads. You can see if an app contains ads or not from Google play. Taken example of Jio music which doesn't contain ads and Gaana which contain ads.

Jio Music play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jio.media.jiobeats&hl=en_IN
xsPhXq0.png

Gaana Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gaana
cOJ6DZt.png
Don't go by it. It is because Jiomusic does not use something like Adsense or any other ad tool to display the ads.

The saddest thing is Jio is using a loophole of the Google play developer agreement. According to this page, Ads that display outside of the app serving them, they show an example of user pressing home button and the ad displaying. This is also equally valid for charging port connect and disconnect, headphone jack connect or disconnect, as well as call disconnect.

But then there is also this policy that Ads that take up the entire screen or interfere with normal use and do not provide a clear means to dismiss the ad. Jiomusic is violating this rule as it provides a way to dismiss the ad (close button). I'm seriously hoping for Google to improve their ad policies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock