Discussion [Poll] Music streaming Services in India. Which one you use?

Which music streaming service you use? You can select upto 3

• Google Play Music

• Apple Music

• Amazon Prime Music

• Gaana

• Saavn

• Wynk Music

• Jio Music

• Hungama Music

• Sound Cloud

• I don't use any of these

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think of the quality on these apps? Which one to you is the best?
Jio music has good sound quality compare to saavan, gaana and wynk music ..but jio music has limited number of songs... specially you will not found regional songs

What do you guys think of the quality on these apps? Which one to you is the best?
Mainly the content specially Regional content , for me It's bengali and obviously price is the fact.
As of now I am using prime music and wynk .Both are good in terms of Content and price.

I only use Jio Music in my two phones. I like it as its free.

For me, the best app is Gaana. I like Gaana and Saavn because these have android apps as well as Windows 10 app. Gaana app has dark theme on both win 10 and android which I like. It also have some bugs on Win 10 app. Due to that the Win 10 app is ad-free.

Jio Music (I don't use much): Jio music is best music app for mobile user as it is ad-free and allows user to download music. But it doesn't have web version or windows app. If I select english it shows only english music and if I select hindi, it shows only hindi music. I want both but it's not possible.

For me, the best app is Gaana. I like Gaana and Saavn because these have android apps as well as Windows 10 app. Gaana app has dark theme on both win 10 and android which I like. It also have some bugs on Win 10 app. Due to that the Win 10 app is ad-free.

Jio Music (I don't use much): Jio music is best music app for mobile user as it is ad-free and allows user to download music. But it doesn't have web version or windows app. If I select english it shows only english music and if I select hindi, it shows only hindi music. I want both but it's not possible.
Jio music adfree thats a pro.

I voted for Amazon Prime music best of the best, I even used Jio music; but I hate,as it consumes too much of ram although the app itself 7mb and even I would mention that app as battery draining app even the app is not in usage though that application remains in background process!

Last edited:
I feel Wynk has better quality compared to prime music if HD streaming quality is selected. Saavn free has lower quality than these two. However I find the quality of streaming apps to be better than MP3 if set to best quality. One must try DSD or DSF to get a feel of Hi-Res music and then he will never use MP3 again, applies to offline music. Sadly none of the streaming apps provide Hi-Res options.

After using all the apps I find Apple Music the best. Random songs doesn't play on Wynk and Gaana. Hungama's content is very limited. Amazon is still a noob. Saavn is good but is cheap when it comes to acquire albums for streaming. I asked them add a deluxe edition of an album back in 2013. Despite having all the albums of Sony till date they haven't added it. Nor do they have old house and dance music of Universal music. Play Music won't seek on Xiaomi phones. SoundCloud is a joke in India. Jio Music uses too much data and app is buggy hasn't been updated since a year.

In terms of quality, after doing a lot of research for past 15 days, I felt Wynk has the highest quality (In HD) among all the apps available. Even the minutest details are audible on Wynk. Jio Music also has great quality, but the app is too outdated and has a pathetic UI. I mostly listen to regional music, and in terms of curation Gaana and Saavn does an excellent job with regular updates to the playlists. I couldn't really find that all-in-one app, which has the best quality and curation. I wish Wynk updates their curation for regional music and I'm willing to pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock