Opera Mini Web Browser News & Updates

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 90
  • Views: Views 37,470
artImg198x166_8929.jpg

Opera Mini is now available for BlackBerry smartphone users via BlackBerry App World. Users can now not only download the browser from the app store but upgrade it whenever a new version is available for download. The Opera Mini 6.5 for BlackBerry was launched in November last year, along with new features such as data usage view and bookmark import.

The data usage view feature allows users to keep record of how much data they are spending and saving within a particular time frame. The data tracker feature is available in the Help menu, providing users details of their overall usages. The bookmark feature, on the other hand, gives speed dialling shortcuts, allowing users to easily access the frequently visited website in the browser. The cost-saving compression is always switch on in the Opera Mini and users can switch off the feature in the Opera Mobile. Other features of the Opera Mini include special zoom functionality and new hot keys that allows users to scroll page up and down much faster.

BlackBerry users can go to App World and download Opera Mini. Users can also download Opera Mini manually by visiting m.opera.com.

Source : Digit

Opera Software has launched its Opera Mini 7 mobile Web browser for basic mobile phones. The launch will make it quicker and easier for users to stay connected with their social networks. The new Opera Mini 7 comes with a new feature called "Smart Page".

Smart Page is a one-page summary of all the news from a user’s Facebook and Twitter feeds. Using the data-crunching and money-saving technology behind Opera Mini, Smart Page keeps a user updated on his/her social life quickly, without breaking the bank.

The Smart Page includes suggestions for news sites to follow, as well as the possibility for you to add the feeds of sites you browse most often.

"I've spent hours typing web addresses on my mobile phone, but now there's a super smart way to get most of your content at a glance." say Lars Boilesen, CEO, Opera Software. "With Smart Page, you just open the browser, and the content is right beside your Speed Dial shortcuts in the start screen for you to skim through - super practical, super time-saving and super smart. I guess that’s why the product team called it Smart Page."

"Opera Mini 7's Smart Page provides super-fast access to all your favorite web content. It is a must-check out if you have never experienced Opera Mini before." says Sunil Kamath, Sales Director - India & SAARC, Opera Software. "We will continue to wow our users by making web browsing a fun experience and continue to be the most favored browser on Indian mobile devices."

Opera Mini 7 is available as a free download for Java-compatible (J2ME), S60 and Blackberry feature phones on the market, from m.opera.com.

http://www.mediamughals.com/News/1/4/Article/10005/Opera_launches_Opera_Mini_7_for_basic_mobile_phones.htm

Well no problem, i have posted it now. ;)

dreamdth

I am using this for more than 2 months now ;)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock