Vivaldi Browser News & Updates

Vivaldi 4.2 is here. The desktop version now allows you to translate any selected text on a web page with built-in Vivaldi Translate tool, powered by Lingvanex and hosted on our own servers.

You can also access and share information quickly with our built-in QR Code generator through Quick Commands, Mouse Gestures, and Keyboard Shortcuts.

We’ve tweaked and tuned the browser overall, with improvements across the board including Web Panels. We’ve also added Neeva for our friends in the United States, a new privacy-friendly and ad-free search engine on both desktop and Android, giving you more options that do not track and collect data.

Jon von Tetzchner, Co-Founder/CEO Vivaldi:
What if Microsoft put the same effort into improving their Internet Explorer (Edge) browser as they do making it so hard for you to use a different browser on Windows? Vivaldi is not afraid of competing on a level playing field. Why is Microsoft?

IElJsMb.jpg
EyOZTpM.jpg
694FGjE.jpg

Vivaldi became the first browser on Android Automotive OS – and one of the first full-featured browsers available in cars. Vivaldi is available now in the Polestar 2.

New updates to key Vivaldi Community services bring a new level of security to your Vivaldi accounts, will help us keep a lid on some very determined spammers, and will improve your overall community experience.

Weird issue on Vivaldi Android. Sometimes when I open a page on Onlytech or DreamDTH forums, and there are Twitter embedded links, the browser freezes. And sometimes it leads to the phone rebooting on its own. Earlier this issue was not there.

Moved to Firefox for the time being (I really miss Vivaldi's desktop-like Tabs bar). But on Firefox there is another issue. On Firefox the embedded Twitter links don't even load.

Weird issue on Vivaldi Android. Sometimes when I open a page on Onlytech or DreamDTH forums, and there are Twitter embedded links, the browser freezes. And sometimes it leads to the phone rebooting on its own. Earlier this issue was not there.

Moved to Firefox for the time being (I really miss Vivaldi's desktop-like Tabs bar). But on Firefox there is another issue. On Firefox the embedded Twitter links don't even load.
Use Opera on mobile bro. No one can match the convience they offer. VPN, Data Savings, Custom Background, Offline Pages, Find In Pages and my personal favourite are those attractive speed dials. New UI is great too.
9OjwThV.jpg

Bym1tf7.jpg

Use Opera on mobile bro. No one can match the convience they offer. VPN, Data Savings, Custom Background, Offline Pages, Find In Pages and my personal favourite are those attractive speed dials. New UI is great too.
9OjwThV.jpg

Bym1tf7.jpg
Yes, I am aware.
I was using Opera before moving to Vivaldi. It was perfect. The desktop-like Tabs were the only reason I moved to Vivaldi. It just too good. You can see all your tabs on the screen.. reorder them.. and close them with just one click. So convenient. Don't know why others are not implementing it.

With a heavy heart, I have moved from Vivaldi to Firefox. They are unable to provide bug-free experience, even after reporting, it isn't in their priorities. The first preference is given to introducing new features over fixing and fine-tuning existing ones. I was able to customize Firefox to some extent and with the availability of extensions on Android, it is much more productive for me.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock