Breaking “No Daily Limit” plans launched by Jio 4G

What benefit?
555 recharge is cheaper than this
555 - Rs 6.60 per day
597 - Rs 6.63 per day
Good for those who not use data daily ..and its good that data can be used without daily limit..for example 75 gb can be finished in first 10 days or last 10 days

I welcome this move. Daily data indirectly forces people to use the data daily, else they may get guilty of wasting money. I hope all other telcos follow this move and brings the congestion in network under control. Another good thing in these plans are, the validity are in 30 days and its multiples and not stupid 28 days like earlier.

But as someone already pointed out, Rs249 plan is not that attractive, comparing Jio Rs199 postpaid plan. Even Airtel Corporate postpaid plan gives 30GB data for Rs249 (GST is received back as ITC - Input Tax Credit) and the unused data accumulated till 200GB.

As far as USA is concerned, most people have wired internet at home. When at home, they switch to Wi-Fi.

I have unlimited data for $35 per month (Rs.2500 approx). But my average monthly use is only 5 GB per month as measured by my mobile.

But 5 GB plan costs $30 per month :LOL:

So for Rs.249, 25 GB per month is a crazy cheap deal for me.

If I port to Jio, will I be able to recharge with ₹2397 plan directly? Are there any other costs involved during porting?

I welcome this move. Daily data indirectly forces people to use the data daily, else they may get guilty of wasting money. I hope all other telcos follow this move and brings the congestion in network under control. Another good thing in these plans are, the validity are in 30 days and its multiples and not stupid 28 days like earlier.

But as someone already pointed out, Rs249 plan is not that attractive, comparing Jio Rs199 postpaid plan. Even Airtel Corporate postpaid plan gives 30GB data for Rs249 (GST is received back as ITC - Input Tax Credit) and the unused data accumulated till 200GB.
I agree about the guilty part. It feels wrong to waste money that way. But I kinda disagree about the comparison with postpaid plan. Prepaid plans has it's own advantage over postpaid. Add-on data cost ₹10 along with 18% GST per GB. Meanwhile same can be bought on bulk on prepaid and save cost. Also there is freedom to skip recharge or to downgrade to any other plan. While on postpaid ₹199 is bare minimum.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock