New Year Kicked off with Credit card fraud.

• Thread starter venky
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 15
  • Views: Views 2,572
Don't worry you will not be debited...
On that topic How insecure is this wifi chip enabled cards... Can someone shed some light.. Keep hearing advantages /disadvantages.. Is it risky with card being charged without swiping?

To prevent frauds one should disable card for international transactions and should enable it when its needed.
Yeah, and I should have done that. I have International disabled for my ICICI card, but this one is not used for any online purchase. So I missed it. Today HDFC called me and informed about the replacement card. Deadline for reversal is 11th.

I don't think its something confidential, but the way it was compromised because of its CVV. Card number was the same when the new card with extended validity was issued. CVV was '009' (revealing it as I'm no longer using it) which seems to be an easy task for the algorithm.

What I guess is card number may have been leaked somehow earlier and this easy CVV may have helped them. Is Expiry date not required for an international transaction?

I will now make sure International is disabled and short CVV card will be replaced.

Don't worry you will not be debited...
On that topic How insecure is this wifi chip enabled cards... Can someone shed some light.. Keep hearing advantages /disadvantages.. Is it risky with card being charged without swiping?
It's hard to clone the chip card, rest nothing is secure in this digital age.

Yeah, and I should have done that. I have International disabled for my ICICI card, but this one is not used for any online purchase. So I missed it. Today HDFC called me and informed about the replacement card. Deadline for reversal is 11th.

I don't think its something confidential, but the way it was compromised because of its CVV. Card number was the same when the new card with extended validity was issued. CVV was '***' (revealing it as I'm no longer using it) which seems to be an easy task for the algorithm.

What I guess is card number may have been leaked somehow earlier and this easy CVV may have helped them. Is Expiry date not required for an international transaction?

I will now make sure International is disabled and short CVV card will be replaced.
Bro I suggest you to remove your old cvv also from this post. And Yes 99.9% frauds happened on international transactions and frauds can prevented by switching off your international usage and switch on when required and again switch it off after transaction is done on international site. Bro first of all tell me have got blocked ur card after fraud??

Bro I suggest you to remove your old cvv also from this post. And Yes 99.9% frauds happened on international transactions and frauds can prevented by switching off your international usage and switch on when required and again switch it off after transaction is done on international site. Bro first of all tell me have got blocked ur card after fraud??

The card was temporarily blocked by HDFC monitoring team (kudos to HDFC, they are really lifesavers) during the second instance of transaction. By that time I called up customer care to get the card blocked and in between HDFC monitoring team was trying to reach me to confirm the fraud.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock