Good News Fraudulent Transaction Reversed on my HDFC Credit Card

Now we have to be very very careful while doing online transactions with credit and debit cards.

Now we have to be very very careful while doing online transactions with credit and debit cards.
Now I checked my Google account. Found this card (only) was saved there. It's highly likely that the fraud is linked with Google. Last post I mentioned, $1 (equivalent INR) transaction and reversal at Google that time.

Now I checked my Google account. Found this card (only) was saved there. It's highly likely that the fraud is linked with Google. Last post I mentioned, $1 (equivalent INR) transaction and reversal at Google that time.
Bro Google charges authentication charges of 1$ initially to verify whether they are able to charge from the card or not. It gets reversed autometically within few hours to days. Same happens on few other sites too. We can not call it as fraud transactions. Infact Google has mentioned about it on their faqs.

But the other charges happened on your account are fraudulent.

Yep Google's ones are legit.

May be your card was used on any untrusted or any dating type website by your any family member. Or you may used your debit card on any untrusted card swiping machine to pay any bill... You have to check your card statement of last months to till end

I regularly purchase from AliExpress.com using my debit card and soon after the transaction i put the card disable for international payments.

Thanks all for sharing this valuable information. I think this is an important post and should be made sticky so that everyone can read it.
Respected Staff Members please note the request. All in favor, Please Vote. (y)

There is an option to enable/disable international transaction on HDFC website. You should keep it disabled. You can enable it temporarily as and when required.

HDFC website also gives an option to set maximum limit for single transaction and to set maximum limit for total transactions in day. You should keep it minimum like 5k or so and temporarily increase it as and when required.
I've disabled international transactions for my all other cards. Somehow missed HDFC. I'll disable once I get it this time.
Also, thanks for your suggestions of setting daily limits. Will do that too.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock