Good News Fraudulent Transaction Reversed on my HDFC Credit Card

Endgame

Reaction score
Today at 12:50 PM, I got a call from HDFC Transaction Monitoring team about a suspected transaction of Rs 6159 at an international site (didn't receive any OTP for the transaction). I promptly replied that the transaction wasn't made by me. The executive over phone immediately blocked my card. Also asked me to submit a dispute form (download/fill up/scan/email) to get back this amount. Also a new card has been issued.
Thereafter I received multiple OTPs for TRY 30.30 (googled, found as Turkish Lira) at PAYTR ODEME HIZMETLERI, INR 176980:)eek::eek::eek:) at Snapdeal (twice each). Later transaction decline messages also.
I'm quite uncertain how my card was hacked! Two possibilities:
1. Yesterday I received my Add-on card (a clone of my primary card except the name). But there was no mutilation of package.
2. Today I created a virtual credit card through Error Page . But as per customer care, the fraudulent transaction time was before that.
In my system (desktop), Quickheal total security is active.
Anyone have any knowledge how this hacking was done?

Last edited:
Bro It may be possible if you use your card regularly at Amazon because I have listened many cases about it. I also try to avoid directly using my credit / debit cards and If I use it , I immediately delete my card details from there. I am not sure though but I still have listened many cases.

Yes, that might well be the case @Abhi bro! Few months back, one of my colleague had the same experience after transacting in Amazon (non-prime). What more, he was using HDFC card and the fraud was of exactly same amount.
In my case, I used this card in Amazon (non-prime account) after a long time just a night before this fraud.

There is an option to enable/disable international transaction on HDFC website. You should keep it disabled. You can enable it temporarily as and when required.

HDFC website also gives an option to set maximum limit for single transaction and to set maximum limit for total transactions in day. You should keep it minimum like 5k or so and temporarily increase it as and when required.

Yes, that might well be the case @Abhi bro! Few months back, one of my colleague had the same experience after transacting in Amazon (non-prime). What more, he was using HDFC card and the fraud was of exactly same amount.
In my case, I used this card in Amazon (non-prime account) after a long time just a night before this fraud.
Yes Bro this mostly happened with non prime accounts only.. Bro I have one suggestion if you want to do transaction less than 10,000 on Amazon. Then use netbanking as payment option and chose Airtel payments bank and then pay from your Airtel wallet only by loading money in it. It is most safe option to make payment on Amazon.

Last edited:
Guys few days ago I also debited 12.9 dolar as a prime membership without otp and intimation. I use my CC regularly at Amazon. I have file a complaint and get reimbursed my amount. Now I have deleted my card from Amazon and all sites.

Yes Bro this mostly happened with non prime accounts only.. Bro I have one suggestion if you want to do transaction less than 10,000 on Amazon. Then use netbanking as payment option and chose Airtel payments bank and then pay from your Airtel wallet only by loading money in it. It is most safe option to make payment on Amazon.
I forgot to mention, it wasn't for any purchase at amazon. I used amazon pay for the payment in Netmeds which anyway paid through my saved HDFC card in amazon.

I forgot to mention, it wasn't for any purchase at amazon. I used amazon pay for the payment in Netmeds which anyway paid through my saved HDFC card in amazon.
Yes Bro That's what I am saying you can also pay for same through netbanking. I also add money to my Amazon pay using netbanking only.

Bro It may be possible if you use your card regularly at Amazon because I have listened many cases about it. I also try to avoid directly using my credit / debit cards and If I use it , I immediately delete my card details from there. I am not sure though but I still have listened many cases.

Mine too was hacked possibly due to the same reason.So I don't save the card details anywhere when it asks to save.

Yes Bro That's what I am saying you can also pay for same through netbanking. I also add money to my Amazon pay using netbanking only.
I missed to mention few more transactions.
During these fraud transactions (as mentioned in post#1), there was a transaction of Rs 69.88 at Google Services (which was credited/reversed few minutes later). Also a declined transaction of 3493.75 (no currency mentioned) at Steamgames.com due to wrong input of exp date or cvv.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock