Good News Fraudulent Transaction Reversed on my HDFC Credit Card

The good news is, the transaction is now reversed (thread title modified). Thanks to HDFC transaction monitoring team.
After going through CC once again, realized it was my fault (didn't mention to CC)!
During virtual credit card creation (as mentioned in post#01), I did key in my card number and Master Card Secure Code (which bypassed the OTP). Hard lessons learnt without costing much (only Rs 118 for card reissue fee).
Source

I faced similar issue few minutes back with my HDFC Credit card, 70 rupees got debited for 6 times through seller named Lyft com.

First I recieved HDFC IVRS call stating the transaction of RS.0.00 done on your credit card failed due to wrong cvv or password and nothing much but it asked me whether I want to talk to Executive but I simply cut the call as the transaction is declined but in next few seconds saw a sms saying transaction declined alert due to wrong cvv or expiry date and it's for the same amount of 0.00 as mentioned in the call but immediately after that sms came three times same transaction declined message but after that totally six times RS.70.07 got debited one after another and stopped and I called to report these fraudulent transaction and found out that card blocked already temporarily and within 24 hours I will recieve callback from hdfc executives towards next formallities like complaint for amount debited and reissuing of new card and permanent blocking of card.

Couldn't figure out exactly from where card details would have been stolen, mostly all the pos terminals frequently used ones nothing new, I suspect it might be from some online sites both Flipkart and amazon has my card info stored , My Jio My Airtel, free charge, paytm, payzapp, ola all these have my card details stored, which one to doubt Im blank with no idea, any one have any idea kindly provide some suggestion regarding from where card info could have leaked.

Are M swipe pos machines safe as branded Bank pos machines?? Confused from here on where to use and where not to use credit cards and cards and online transactions in general.

Lyft com is san Francisco based travel platform like Uber since amount got debited in 70.07 INR whether its an international or domestic transaction I wonder?!

Last edited:
Lyft com is san Francisco based travel platform like Uber since amount got debited in 70.07 INR whether its an international or domestic transaction I wonder?!
It a international charge on 1USD converted to inr. Hdfc send inr equivalent sms mostly.
Amazon n flipkart is least culprit in my opinion unless some has your account details.
The op got his addon at same time makes me doubt about courier guys n internal employees.

After reading this i deleted my save card details from amazon

I followed that very strictly initially for first two years,didn't saved card details on any apps/sites anywhere but when I become little bit lenient this happened.

But most striking thing is I've never used my Credit card in any less popular unreliable sites or on any international sites, every transactions done so far been done only on most trusted sites within India.

Last edited:
It a international charge on 1USD converted to inr. Hdfc send inr equivalent sms mostly.
Amazon n flipkart is least culprit in my opinion unless some has your account details.
The op got his addon at same time makes me doubt about courier guys n internal employees.

Everyone needs to be doubted here from local pos machines to most trusted online sites / apps.

IP address showing it as Lyft com San Francisco as per HDFC Risk management team e-mail alert but I guess someone with VPN could have performed the hack from anywhere around the Globe. Definitely an US dollar transactions as you say but could have been performed from anywhere with
the help of networking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock