New Vodafone Idea Plans launched, effective from December 2019

• Thread starter Abhinav
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 89
  • Views: Views 15,579
Where is the tweet/press release of Vodafone-Idea-Airtel saying they will not have IUC, and they know the meaning of unlimited.

People who are asking whether Airtel or Jio or BSNL might hike upto the same level, yes they will definitely. It's is great opportunity to hike the price in a unison so the customers cannot jump ship as everyone has the same tariffs.

Chances are there that ppl might shift to landline for local/STD calls
Landline in 2019. We replaced our home's landline to a mobile phone in 2007 itself. Are you serious?

Landline in 2019. We replaced our home's landline to a mobile phone in 2007 itself. Are you serious?
Not a bizarre idea at all. Most western countries have good amount of landline subs and here is India also, you would get a landline connection as a complimentary service to your broadband. Number is a pain for landline as there is no MNP for landlines whereas USA has landline portability too.

Call quality in landline was amazing too when I had one.

With increasing mobile tarrifs, IUC charges,, broadband providers giving free landline (Jio/Airtel/BSNL) i could sense that happening. Few families still retain their landlines eventhough every individual has smartphones

Vf2K3rv.jpg
Nice move, plans for everyone and this will also cut excess usage of data.

I would say, very good move. Rs 49 per month fine for most users. I hope Airtel will follow the same price. So i have to spend 147 rupees per month for 3 airtel number.

With increasing mobile tarrifs, IUC charges,, broadband providers giving free landline (Jio/Airtel/BSNL) i could sense that happening. Few families still retain their landlines eventhough every individual has smartphones
Landlines at houses are just unrealistic in this day and age of video calls. And smartphone's basic minimum plan good plan is around ₹149. For extra ₹100 we get daily data too.

I don't think this price hike will attract customers to switch to broadband for internet usage for now. The only way they would be moving is with plans around ₹499.

I do have mixed feelings here. Yes it is expensive now a bit but I think this rate is okay now as this cheap data on mobile proved more wrong than good for society. Plus now we will get better indoors speeds. I wish other will follow!! :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock