Breaking Netflix Launching Soon On Jio Fiber STB

Probably still the old version. Mostly because I have not connected it / switched it on since February.

I am on the bronze plan, (6+1) months pack. The 7th month ends on the 15th of this month, post which I am planning to go for the Silver Plan. I will connect the STB to the internet then, and it will probably receive the OTA Software Update.

Oh Ok Bro

Really You Are Giving Lots Of Inputs And Information!

Nope. I have a 4K TV. The Jio STB's Settings menu still used to show only 1080p as the best available resolution. I have not checked its availability recently though.

A Jio executive called me today evening for a random feedback on Jio Fiber. I mentioned to him the following as areas of improvement. He assured me that our phone call was being recorded, and that they will definitely take my feedback into account.

1) Upload speed needs to be par with download speed:
For this, he said that this is because of a TRAI rule for telecom providers who own license for providing internet, and that the rule says upload speed should not exceed 1/8 th of the download speed. And that for 100mbps Jio plans, the upload speed should be around 12mbps. He explained that Jio, Airtel etc,., are telecom providers and that's why this TRAI rule applies for them. But companies like ACT Fibernet are primarily only ISPs (Internet Service Providers), and that they don't buy internet from TRAI, but from other telecom providers, and that's why the 1/8 th TRAI rule does not apply to them. That's why they are still able to provide equal upload/download speeds. He also said that the telecom providers have appealed to TRAI to change this rule, so that they can increase the upload speeds.

2) Addition of Netflix:
He said it will be probably added by the end of this month. Jio is working on a deal with Netflix to add it, possibly to the Gold Plan.

3) Disney+ Hotstar Premium Plan:
He said they will take this request into account.

4) 4K Support for STB:
They will take the request into account.
But Airtel XStream Fiber Providing Symmetrical Speeds that is equal Upload and Download speeds.

But Airtel XStream Fiber Providing Symmetrical Speeds that is equal Upload and Download speeds.
When I told this to him, he said it is quite not possible that airtel could do so since they are telecom providers too. I am on the least possible plan on my Airtel Broadband (Rs.599+tax per month / 40mbps / 105GB). I am getting download speeds around 32/34 mbps and upload speeds upto 3.6 to 3.9 mbps. I assumed this could be the case for all Airtel Broadband plans, and did not push him further on why only Jio has lower download speeds.

Gold Plan at 1299+ tax will have the best value if Netflix is bundled (Standard Netflix plan will do good).

250 MBPS + 1.25 TB Data +
Netflix + PrimeVideo + Disney+Hotstar + Zee5 + Voot + SonyLiv + SunNxt + Other Apps.

It might turn out to be India's best broadband plan.

I think they will add Netflix & remaining apps (if any) before RIL AGM.
They might also change or update current plans during AGM.

Gold Plan at 1299+ tax will have the best value if Netflix is bundled (Standard Netflix plan will do good).

Netflix + PrimeVideo + Disney+Hotstar + Zee5 + Voot + SonyLiv + SunNxt + Other Apps.

Disney+ Hotstar Premium should be included from Gold plan and above

Completely agree, Gold will be best plan to go for. However, Jio is NOT very aggressive in rollout of fiber services. We have been waiting for almost a year, my society gave approval for rollout and we are yet to see any sign of rollout while fiber was laid in our area almost 2 year back.

I'm Able To Install Netflix, Open & Login Android TV Version But While Playing Any Contents Getting Some Error

Contacted Netflix Support They Said Your Device Not Certified So You Can't Use.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock