Seeking Help Need help in choosing non electric water purifier

Kiran Reddy

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am looking to buy non electric gravity based water purifier for use at my village. I am not keen on electric ones as we do not want to use with bore water and I don't think we have service facility at our place and would be difficult for service. For gravity based purifiers I can change the cartridge myself and also there is no need to have running water and can use it with tap water(soft water) supplied by govt.

Previously I was using pureit classic 14 litres one and Tata swach classic 18 litres cristella plus. Tats swach model is not good as I faced lot of issues with it and pureit one I was using is good but had physical damage and is leaking.

Now I am planning to go for Pureit classic 23 litres one (Pureit Classic 23L), I need your suggestions if I can go ahead with this or is there any better alternate to this. I need it for use with soft water and need easy availability of cartridges.

I personally use Kent water purifier(non-electronic) to double purify after AquaSure (electronic). Both does the job. What you miss with non-electric purifier is UV & RO.

I personally use Kent water purifier(non-electronic) to double purify after AquaSure (electronic). Both does the job. What you miss with non-electric purifier is UV & RO.
Yes I know UV and RO would be missed but I do not want to use it with running water from tank which is bore water.
Does any filters without auto fill have RO and UV?

@Bapun Raz I am ok with electric one but it should allow water to be filled manually.
Mine does. I use this one:

Aquasure Maxima RO+UV+TDS

Not having much knowledge on this. But the guy who came for installation tested with some kind of water meter and shown. We use borewell water and its so salty. But now its sweet and taste is great. I would recommend the same anyone looking for purifier with same budget.

Mine does. I use this one:

Aquasure Maxima RO+UV+TDS

Not having much knowledge on this. But the guy who came for installation tested with some kind of water meter and shown. We use borewell water and its so salty. But now its sweet and taste is great. I would recommend the same anyone looking for purifier with same budget.

@Bapun Raz bro i am also having electric based ro in my home but mine is without uv. if my guess is right the water meter about which you are saying must be this one

Tds-meter.jpg

This Meter is named as tds meter and every install or repair guy check tds of water with this. in this meter purity of water is measured in parts per million(PPM) unit. where parts are of chemicals which can easile be diluted in water to make dirty water drink ready.
in this meter more reading need more purification of water and less means you are safe to drink water.

safe range for drinking water as per repair guy at my home : 50 PPM to 100 PPM
my own range : 20 PPM to 45 PPM

as per range water with 100+ PPM needs more purification and 50 & 50- PPM are safe for drinking but one should avoid going to much below also as by change in location during travel to other location if water is ranging 35 ppm to 72 ppm found then that also might harm body's immune system to go weak.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock