Mortaza to start rehabilitation after knee surgery

Reaction score
A lengthy rehabilitation awaits Bangladesh fast bowler Mashrafe Mortaza as he underwent surgery on his knee after injuring it during a domestic game in December last year and missing the World Cup. Mortaza was successfully operated upon by Australian orthopaedic surgeon Dr David Young in Melbourne earlier this month but might not be able to bowl before October.

"I'm now fine. Dr Young checked me this morning and he was really happy with the improvement and what he told me is that he will be surprised if I miss the Pakistan series in December this year," Mortaza told the Daily Star.

Mortaza said that at the moment, there was no swelling on his operated knee and he could walk with the support of a crutch. His rehabilitation program will commence soon. "It is too early to say anything about when I will get back my full fitness as only two weeks have gone after the operation but right at this moment I am feeling good.

"Generally it needs four weeks from the operation to start the rehabilitation. If everything goes well, it will be possible to start bowling from October, so I'm hopeful that I can gain full fitness before the Pakistan series."

Dr Debashish Chowdhury, the Bangladesh Cricket Board physician, said that the decision on when to start the rehabilitation program will be taken only after a detailed assessment of the case papers.

Mortaza had earlier been advised to undergo surgery after the World Cup, but he was selected to play in the ODI series against Australia just after the tournament despite concerns that he was not fully fit. He played two games in the three-match series.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/516996.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock