Mi TV users thread

Is there any voice control remote for Mi TV 4A ? Is it hardware related or any compatible remote can do the job ? After google update on old version TVs, I have no complaints on casting or Prime videos etc..

Is there any voice control remote for Mi TV 4A ? Is it hardware related or any compatible remote can do the job ? After google update on old version TVs, I have no complaints on casting or Prime videos etc..

I am also using Android TV app when I need voice / typing assistance.

You can try adding a Bluetooth adapter and then buy the Mi remote with Google Assistant button. But I am not sure whether you can make it work. Tech Singh had an Air Mouse mentioned in one of his videos. I do not remember whether it can work with Google Assistant.

Your best bet is the Android TV app. I don't like it personally, but it is feature rich. If I remember correctly, neither hardware remote, nor the app has a mute button. So sad and out of standard.

I am also using Android TV app when I need voice / typing assistance.

You can try adding a Bluetooth adapter and then buy the Mi remote with Google Assistant button. But I am not sure whether you can make it work. Tech Singh had an Air Mouse mentioned in one of his videos. I do not remember whether it can work with Google Assistant.

Your best bet is the Android TV app. I don't like it personally, but it is feature rich. If I remember correctly, neither hardware remote, nor the app has a mute button. So sad and out of standard.
None of the model has mute button.

That is a bad thing, right ? My TV is in the family room. Considering the sounds that come up in Hindi movies all of a sudden, It is not wise to have the TV volume up even for an innocent program.

That is a bad thing, right ? My TV is in the family room. Considering the sounds that come up in Hindi movies all of a sudden, It is not wise to have the TV volume up even for an innocent program.
If you are on old non play store models . You can mute using wifi. If you have old version of Mi Remote app and a Xiaomi phone with IR blaster.

Mi TV added Netflix, Docubay and Prime Video on 4A models. Unfortunately, Netflix is giving compatible errors.
4nXCzBU.jpg

MI TV is offering discounts on streaming providers available of its Patch Wall OS as part of its 2nd year anniversary.

Uaq5IQB.jpg

If you have old version of Mi Remote app

apkmirror will have it ? I got an Andriod update. Now runs Android 9 Pie with Play Store. Mi Remote app does not work anymore. Have to rely on Android TV app. No mute button in that either.

apkmirror will have it ? I got an Andriod update. Now runs Android 9 Pie with Play Store. Mi Remote app does not work anymore. Have to rely on Android TV app. No mute button in that either.
If you have updated to Android 9. It won't work. Many features like Miracast etc. have been removed.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock