Discussion Live TV apps - Discussion, News and Updates

Yuptv scope for android TV app available in android TV gives almost all south FTA channels free like isaiaruvi, Kalaingar, chithiram, jaya tv jaya news, jaya max, polimer, news7 tamil, puthiyathalaimurai, thanthi,
Good old YuppTV...India's original live TV website....now available as mobile app and TV app on almost every device...but lot of complaints on the TV apps...poor app design.....list of all channels not shown....mixed with a lot of on-demand content....also several channels in wrong aspect ratio

Last edited:
The idea is to put every hardware outside of your TV inside your TV as apps....Now we don't need blu-ray/dvd players....they are available as apps inside your TV (you can consider any app like netflix, prime video as a blu-ray player inside your TV).

So many people have DTH equipment outside their TV....these too will move inside TV in every home with the arrival of live TV apps.

All you will see in future homes is a standalone TV with nothing connected to it. It recieves everything via a tiny Wi-Fi receiver inside ✌️

Well honestly i do not see it happening atleast in next 50 yrs. Internet Streaming has many issues be it stability of connection, other tech issues and even complexity in toggling between or seraching channels. Linear TV is much more convenient option where one gets curated content at touch of a button. All i can say is that broadcasters need to reinvent content strategy for channels across genres and cater to respective audience properly, for example English GEC chs can still work in India but broadcasters have not redesigned strategy to cater to emerging audience who have recently come into english speaking pool or are joining it on regular basis and would want to watch good old or new english shows. OTT, Internet still has very limited penetration. Broadcasters need to have an unique short and long term planning to cater to consumers on both platforms. Also they need to be considerate about price sensitivity of consumers be it for linear tv or OTT platforms, as one can see once broadcasters have kept prices of linear pay tv chs or OTT subscription high customer churn rate has increased

Imbuilt DTH in TV again will not happen as DTH or Cable operators would have to tie up with so many television companies for it which is not possible. Bringing in app for live channels or service channels or other features by DTH or Cable operators and giving the option to subscribers to opt for it again won't work, i am sure app will face so many tech issues when so many things r incorporated in it and certain things might not even fit within it due to various reasons. Then there is issue of complexity involved in using such an app which would not be convenient for tech savvy users let alone for senior citizens or people who have less knowledge about these things.

Linear TV and OTT both r here to stay and grow and companies/broadcasters need to have a roadmap to gain max leverage across both these platforms .

In India, still so many people r using DD Free Dish, have SD boxes. Converting these active connections to pay platforms or HD is itself quite difficult and OTT remains a far fetched upgrade for such consumers.

India is big and very distinct market for broadcast industry. There r so many different variations in what will work where and adopting custom built strategy for that demographic or region helps in getting success. There is also element of constantly evolving preferences and shifts in technology or transition across platforms which needs to be monitored to tweak strategy accordingly

@dino29 bro, I am not saying DTH will be totally wiped out next year :D . That will take a long time. But most people who watch OTT content on their TV will switch to watching live TV also via OTT. Since live TV is also available via OTT, why would they keep dish and STB in their home? They will throw these out.

@dino29 bro, I am not saying DTH will be totally wiped out next year :D . That will take a long time. But most people who watch OTT content on their TV will switch to watching live TV also via OTT. Since live TV is also available via OTT, why would they keep dish and STB in their home? They will throw these out.
Most of the Live tv programs/serials are available before TV telecast, OTT subscribers can watch these programs by their convenient time without ads.

Most of the Live tv programs/serials are available before TV telecast, OTT subscribers can watch these programs by their convenient time without ads.
Most US channels have stopped offering content before telecast. Soon it may happen in India.

Guys can anyone with Google TV test the 'Live" tab on the home screen? I heard that when you click on a channel in this tab, you have to wait for some time for the app which has the channel has to open....then only the channel will play....it doesn't play instantly when you click on channel....if that's the case, it is disappointing :(

For example, if click on Sony channel, then Sony Liv app will open and play the channel...

B81sRr0.jpg

Guys can anyone with Google TV test the 'Live" tab on the home screen? I heard that when you click on a channel in this tab, you have to wait for some time for the app which has the channel has to open....then only the channel will play....it doesn't play instantly when you click on channel....if that's the case, it is disappointing :(

For example, if click on Sony channel, then Sony Liv app will open and play the channel...

B81sRr0.jpg
Same as Fire stick live tv as it will play thru an app of broadcaster(Sony Liv or Zee5 or Voot)

B81sRr0.jpg
Same as JioTV +

I have Google TV (Realme 4k stick). I don't see

B81sRr0.jpg
I have Google TV (Realme 4k stick)
I don't see Live tab.
System is upto date

I have Google TV (Realme 4k stick). I don't see
I have Google TV (Realme 4k stick)
I don't see Live tab.
System is upto date
R u getting...."for you" tab in Google stick...

Live channel available only usa....use vpn get this live channel easily...
w7iivcB.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock