OTF Exclusive List of Apps provided by Jio Fiber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trick to uninstall unwanted apps for a longer time:

1) First install all apps that you want from Jio Store

2) Now disable Jio Store

Settings ---> Applications - - > Android Settings - - > Apps - - > Jio Store - - > Disable

3) Now Uninstall all unwanted apps

4) Whenever you want to install any new apps, Enable Jio Store, install the required apps, and then Disable Jio Store again.

I know this is not an efficient solution, but it is effective and keeps Jio from forcing us with stupid apps.
Guess what, Jio store app is also a default app that keep installed back again and again and come on to your home screen. 😂
Next time you restart your STB, you will be having all these apps again on your home screen.
I try this trick way earlier, but no use of it.

Last edited:
My Jio STB Model Number is JMC 20211.

My STB received an OTA Software Update this week, when I connected it to the Internet after several months of not using it.

My STB too has only 80 apps as of now. What is your STB Model Number?

I guess it is because this STB is one of the older model JIO STBs. It has an Internal Memory of only a meagre 4GB. I am guessing that Jio is limiting the availability of the total number of apps based on the STBs' available Internal Memory. I am not sure though. May be they will push out the remaining apps to the Jio Store to these STBs at a later date, probably after another OTA Update.

@Aayush Aggarwal,
1) What is your STB's Model Number?
2) What is its Internal Memory capacity?
My STB is also having 4 GB internal memory. I need to check its model no. though as I don't know as of now. I don't feel that there is such limitation of apps availability in Jio Store as per the STB model no. and it's internal memory. They are offering 136 apps through Jio store and it's for everyone. I remember those days when they have just 80 apps for so longer. Initially when I got STB, there were just 11 apps (only Hotstar was there and Jio apps)
Indeed your box is due for the latest update (might be because of your inactivity) which will probably occur when you connect it through Jio Fiber.
In my opinion, you should always connect your STB through Jio Fiber internet (wired/wifi, any), for better experience.

Last edited:
Guess what, Jio store app is also a default app that keep installed back again and again and come on to your home screen. 😂
Next time you restart your STB, you will be having all these apps again on your home screen.

I don't think that would happen. Jio Store is a system app, yes. But that does not mean, that it will get automatically Enabled even after a user purposely Disables it.

I Disabled my Jio Store app yesterday. Just for the sake of testing your theory, I switched ON my STB today and connected it to the Internet. Then I left it alone, for more than 30 minutes. Nothing happened.

1) The Jio Store app did not automatically get Enabled.

2) None of the unwanted apps were automatically reinstalled. Mostly because the Jio Store app is not able to do it. Because it is now Disabled.

Just to double check it, after about 35 minutes of leaving the STB in idle, I even restarted the STB again (using the following menu option), and waited for another 20 minutes. Still, nothing has happened.

Settings - - > About - - > Restart

Hopefully, some of the other Jio users in this forum could test this on their STB, and let us all know the results.

Indeed your box is due for the latest update (might be because of your inactivity)

Why do you assume that I have not received an update? I had literally mentioned that I got an "OTA Software Update" after I connected it to the Internet "this week". To be more precise, the STB's Firmware got updated twice, during two different manual restarts that day.
My STB received an OTA Software Update this week, when I connected it to the Internet after several months of not using it.

which will probably occur when you connect it through Jio Fiber.
In my opinion, you should always connect your STB through Jio Fiber internet (wired/wifi, any), for better experience.

Again, why do you assume that I had not connected it to Jio Fiber? Is it because I had mentioned that I connected it to the "Internet" ? Jio Fiber also provides Internet only, no? 😁

. Initially when I got STB, there were just 11 apps (only Hotstar was there and Jio apps)

Not just you, the app availability experience for every early Jio STB user in this forum was the same. First it was only Hotstar. Then came Zee5 and SonyLiv. Then Sun Direct. Mostly in that order. Before using it this week, the last time I used my STB was at the end of February. The Jio Store app had only around 15 apps at that time. It was only after this week's OTA update(s), did the Jio Store in my STB got updated to list 80 apps.

Again, like I had mentioned earlier, when exactly the remainder of the 136 apps gets pushed to all the STBs might be dependent on the different STB models. I am not too concerned about that though. Because as of now, most of the major streaming apps that are available with Jio Fiber, are available for installation in my STB's Jio Store. And before disabling the Jio Store app, I had already installed all the apps I need for now. I do not necessarily care about the rest. May be once it is announced that Netflix is available, I will enable the Jio Store app, intstall Netflix, and then disable the Jio Store app again.

Trick to uninstall unwanted apps for a longer time:

1) First install all apps that you want from Jio Store

2) Now disable Jio Store

Settings ---> Applications - - > Android Settings - - > Apps - - > Jio Store - - > Disable

3) Now Uninstall all unwanted apps

4) Whenever you want to install any new apps, Enable Jio Store, install the required apps, and then Disable Jio Store again.

I know this is not an efficient solution, but it is effective and keeps Jio from forcing us with stupid apps.

Vow Fantastic!

This Trick Works Good!

@Sivabhaskar Should Be Awarded A Reward!

I Tried And Still Its Disabled Mode!

Restarted Many Times

I Have No Issues Bro!

Moreover I'm On Latest Version

My Jio STB Model Number is JMC 20211.

My STB too has only 80 apps as of now. What is your STB Model Number?

I guess it is because this STB is one of the older model JIO STBs. It has an Internal Memory of only a meagre 4GB. I am guessing that Jio is limiting the availability of the total number of apps based on the STBs' available Internal Memory. I am not sure though. May be they will push out the remaining apps to the Jio Store to these STBs at a later date, probably after another OTA Update.

@Aayush Aggarwal,
1) What is your STB's Model Number?
2) What is its Internal Memory capacity?

I am getting a new STB tomorrow coz my current one gets stuck let me check if the new one has all the apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock