• Welcome to OnlyTech Forums
    An online community for the tech enthusiasts!

OTF Exclusive List of the major OTT app subscriptions bundled by Jio Fiber and whether they are accessible outside the Jio STB

Aayush Aggarwal

Veteran
Reaction score
Below is a list of all 12 major OTT app subscriptions that are provided along with the Jio Fiber connection (Gold plan and above). I have also mentioned in front of the apps whether the subscriptions can be accessed on other devices or whether they are restricted only to the Jio Set-top box.

1. Amazon Prime - All contents can be accessed on other devices using registered mobile number.
2. Disney+ Hotstar VIP (No premium subscription) - All contents can be accessed on other devices using registered mobile number.
3. Zee5 Premium - All contents can be accessed on other devices using registered mobile number.
4. SonyLiv Premium - All contents can be accessed on other devices using registered mobile number.
5. SunNXT - All contents can be accessed on other devices using registered mobile number.
6. Hoichoi - All contents can be accessed on other devices using registered mobile number.
7. JioCinema - All contents can be accessed on other devices using registered mobile number.
8. Voot Select - Only accessible on the Jio STB.
9. Lionsgate Play - Only accessible on the Jio STB (via Jio TV+) with only few contents.
10. Alt Balaji - Only accessible on the Jio STB (via Jio TV+) with only few contents.
11. ShemarooMe - Only accessible on the Jio STB (via Jio TV+) with only few contents.
12. Netflix - All contents can be accessible on the other devices using registered mobile number.

Note : For Gold plan (Rs. 999 per month): All the above 1-11 OTT app subscriptions
For Diamond plan and above: All the above 12 OTT app subscriptions

Last edited:

aakash1996

Veteran
Reaction score
Why only Voot is trying to be the odd one out here. I hope other apps also do not go the Voot way. fingers crossed.

Aayush Aggarwal

Veteran
Reaction score
Why only Voot is trying to be the odd one out here. I hope other apps also do not go the Voot way. fingers crossed.
Voot app is present right from the beginning without premium contents.
But they recently updated the app and started providing Voot Select but it is yet to make its way to be accessible on the mobile/laptop from the same Jio subscription like all other apps.

Last edited:

jojo_14

Amateur
Reaction score
If I don't take Jio STB and recharge with 999/- plan, can I use Jio fiber only to watch OTT with Jio ID/mobile?

Secondly, does it support multiple screens or one only?

Aayush Aggarwal

Veteran
Reaction score
If I don't take Jio STB and recharge with 999/- plan, can I use Jio fiber only to watch OTT with Jio ID/mobile?

Secondly, does it support multiple screens or one only?
STB will be complimentary and free of charge, so if you are going with 999 plan, you should keep STB with you and use it. There is no harm.
Yes you can watch OTT contents through this subscription over Tv through the STB and also on your phone/laptop with the same subscription comes along with it. Screen restrictions are as per the respective apps.

jojo_14

Amateur
Reaction score
STB is actually not free. If I return it, they will refund 1000/-.

As side-loading apps on Jio STB is restricted, so it will be better to buy an android box so that Thop TV can be installed and live TV can be watched.

ashokkumar675

Pro
Reaction score
Kindly add
DiscoveryPlus - Only accessible on the Jio STB (via Jio TV+) with only few contents.

Aayush Aggarwal

Veteran
Reaction score
Kindly add
DiscoveryPlus - Only accessible on the Jio STB (via Jio TV+) with only few contents.
Here I have jotted only those 12 apps that they are claiming to be premium apps also bundled with their plans.
Not only DiscoveryPlus, there are many others apps that they are providing.
You can find the detailed list here with little description here - OTF Exclusive - List of Apps provided by Jio Fiber

jojo_14

Amateur
Reaction score
STB will be complimentary and free of charge, so if you are going with 999 plan, you should keep STB with you and use it. There is no harm.
Yes you can watch OTT contents through this subscription over Tv through the STB and also on your phone/laptop with the same subscription comes along with it. Screen restrictions are as per the respective apps.

Is it possible to play all those OTT apps on Android Box/Stick on 699/- plan, not through the Jio STB?

Last edited:

ashokkumar675

Pro
Reaction score
Here I have jotted only those 12 apps that they are claiming to be premium apps also bundled with their plans.
Not only DiscoveryPlus, there are many others apps that they are providing.
You can find the detailed list here with little description here - OTF Exclusive - List of Apps provided by Jio Fiber
I have watched one premium video from Discovery+ in JIOTV+. That's y posted. For other apps in the link I don't think premium content is there.

Top Bottom